Update error message

pctechdude

Reaction score
So after trying to download the .902 update, I downloaded via a link here on the forums. After installing the update I keep getting download failed message. Tried many ways to clear it but no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
P

pctechdude

Reaction score
The correct wording of the pop up is, "download of update failed" all I can do is press okay. If I got to check for updates, it states its currently downloading an update. Hope this helps.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
You could try a battery pull. If that doesn't work then you may need to do a factory reset. What are you on right now?

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

OP
P

pctechdude

Reaction score
On 902 now, would love not to do a factory reset. The original download for the update kept stopping so I installed 902 via recovery. May try path saver and see if it fixes it

tucsonas

Reaction score
Pathsaver will not fix it. I tried.

tucsonas

Reaction score
Factory data reset is the only thing that worked for me.

cervri

Reaction score
New to this but here goes. I was rooted with 893, Downloaded 902 and placed it in the root of Ext SDcard. Followed procedure for the install.

This is what I got. Hopefully I got it all copied down right.

Assert failed: apply_patch__check("system/build.prop""9677006de15ac4ffec50c0b4d7641e838daf7ea7". 94ab3d635ccfcc2e8ee1ef76ed33c4268bc40e4a")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What next.
The phone rebooted fine.

cervri

Reaction score
I just did a battery pull and retried the install. Same results.

km75

Reaction score
New to this but here goes. I was rooted with 893, Downloaded 902 and placed it in the root of Ext SDcard. Followed procedure for the install.

Assert failed: apply_patch__check("system/build.prop""9677006de15ac4ffec50c0b4d7641e838daf7ea7". 94ab3d635ccfcc2e8ee1ef76ed33c4268bc40e4a")
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What next.

Themselves phone rebooted fine.

I had this issue as well. So did someone else. Do a battery pull. Download the update zip again over wifi and do the update zip process again. That did it for me. FYI chances are that your phone will show its updated to .902 but the baseband version will not be correct. Also be aware that there are two update zips floating around. One for those updating from .893 and another one for those updating from .901. Make sure you have the appropriate update zip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
P

pctechdude

Reaction score
Actually path saver fixed mine, but when I originally ran path saver and returned my phone to stock 5.5.886, my phone tried grabbing the 5.5.893 update. I let it download and install the 5.5.893 update once I re-did the path saver to 886, then once I was on 893, root and forever rooted, then reinstalled 902. works like a champ!

gsDroid

Reaction score

(Status 7)
You have edited the build.prop file so the md5 checksums doesn't match what was expected. If you have a build.prop.bak file that was the original, put it back. I had the exact same problem going to .901 and that fixed it.

cervri

Reaction score
You have edited the build.prop file so the md5 checksums doesn't match what was expected. If you have a build.prop.bak file that was the original, put it back. I had the exact same problem going to .901 and that fixed it.

I have not edited the build.Prop file. Where would The BAk file located?

Last edited:

cervri

Reaction score

I used Astro file manager and searched for "build.prop" and "build.prop.bak" and got no results.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I used Astro file manager and searched for "build.prop" and "build.prop.bak" and got no results.
I don't think you can get there with Astro. I use Root Explorer to go to /System. The file exists in the System folder. I think you can use ESFile explorer also to get there. To edit or rename a file there, you must mount /system as RW (read/write). If any changes have been made to the build.prop file, you will receive the error message you got. When I edited the file in Root Explorer, it kept a copy of the original as build.prop.bak in the same folder. I just deleted the edited build.prop and renamed build.prop.bak to build.prop. Then I flashed with no problem.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I stand corrected. I tried with Astro and was able to navigate up to "/". From there, select System. The build.prop file is there.