Update 2.4 will not install on my rooted droid 2 global

drunesta

Reaction score
After the phone downloads the new update it reboots to install it and I see it boot into recovery and begin to install something but it crashes about a third of the way into the progress bar and the lil droid then changes to the exclamation point and the phone reboots again and the update was not sucessful. any help?dancedroid

Last edited:

MEEN12

Reaction score
Having the same problem. I believe it is because (for me, at least) some of the factory apps have been deleted. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and didn't make a proper backup. I've tried a factory reset and tried to use the update.zip thing but it said no such file existed. I'm completely green to this android business...probably in a bit over my head now.

Basically, I think i need to reinstall the blockbuster, 3g mobile hotspot, VZ Navigator, and skype mobile apps in order to do the update. I don't have any of those sdks though. Can anyone provide them?

OP
drunesta

drunesta

Reaction score
we will be fine but dont un-install any more system aps! lol I think its a problem with having clockwork recovery for a droid 2 on the droid 2 global but im dumbfounded as to how to fix that. with rom manager i get errors when i try to download new recovery versions and every good app that i used for the D2 like "team black hat" for example on the D2G there are no yummy leaks yet!!! we are going to need some help dancedroid:beer2:dancedroid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Having clockwork installed shouldn't stop you from getting the update. And you can't flash alternate recoveries because we can't technically flash custom recoveries on this locked down generation ofphones. Check the stickies at the top of the d2 hacks section, one of them contains all of the apks for the d2 bloatware and you should be able to find what you removed. After they have been restored, try the update. Also you may want to unroot.

tappin and a talkin

MEEN12

Reaction score
I reinstalled all the bloat I removed except one that I simply cannot get installed is Mynet.apk...the 3G Mobile Hotspot App. I have copied it from the D2 hacks section, and another D2G that was able to do the 2.4.330 update and both times when I try to install using root explorer it says "Application not installed". I'm gonna try the update again anyway, but I don't have high hopes...

OP
drunesta

drunesta

Reaction score
i removed the root and have not un-installed any sys. aps. i froze them all with titanium backup. does anyone know where the system update is stored when it gets downloaded? it opts you to install later so im hoping with my next step i can move it to the sd card and install it from clockwork recovery manualy. im totaly comfertable doing anything with the phone just running out of ideas?? ohh yea and it is the D2G everything has been a lil diff. dancedroid

MEEN12

Reaction score
Woo! Unrooted and after installing all the factory apps other than mynet, and the update worked anyway. Good luck drunesta! Thanks spaz33g!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Woo! Unrooted and after installing all the factory apps other than mynet, and the update worked anyway. Good luck drunesta! Thanks spaz33g!

Glad I could help

Drunesta, try thawing all apps, unrooting and checking for the update again.

tappin and a talkin

OP
drunesta

drunesta

Reaction score
that was the first thing i did, lol i have flashed clock work recovery ver 2.5.0.8 it came in the app "rom manager" it was for the droid 2 i have D2G i think thats is the problem when it goes to install the update the lil droid and the box comes up on the black screen and the arrow comes out of the box and the progress bar begins to load about a third of the way into the install the icon goes from the box with an arrow coming out to a triangle with an exclamation point and it reboots do i need the factory recovery and where might i get that? thanks as well for helping!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is the factory recovery. Like I said, flashing recoveries from rom manager on this locked down generation of phones does effectively nothing.

tappin and a talkin

OP
drunesta

drunesta

Reaction score
so the stock recovery is titled clockwork recovery 2.5.0.8 ? should i see that version on top of and during installs of new updates ?

OP
drunesta

drunesta

Reaction score
it does say that everywhere and i have used both :unsure: what do you think?

OP
drunesta

drunesta

Reaction score
if i could just get the update file i could install it myself i know that works i have used it manuly before