Upcoming Update for TB may include Gingerbread

xashaffer

Reaction score
This won't affect me because I already am using a GB ROM, but I thought this may interest you non-rooters out there. According to a leaked screenshot from last night, the OTA that is coming out late this month to fix the random reboot issues is also going to include Gingerbread (Android 2.3.4) as well as some other goodies like finally the official Skype video chat app. Here is a link to one of the articles about it: http://m.pocketnow.com/android/verizon-thunderbolt-getting-ota-android-234-on-june-30

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Doesn't seem legit, sorry.

That is a properly formatted Verizon update announcement. Seems perfectly legit to me.

I guess Verizon is as bad at spelling as they are at math.

I'm not saying it's legit, but yes they are as bad at spelling as they are at math. There have been a few other examples of Verizon release announcements with misspellings and mistakes, thought I admit the GTalk one makes me skeptical.

phil1166

Reaction score
It looks exactly like when that first update came out, so who knows. They've been promising this update for a long time.

yniloc

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see the direct link from Verizon. Even then,i bet it'll either be delayed or come out later than we expect. I'm slowly beginning to lose hope in Verizon. Thank goodness for the development team here or this phone would really suck.