Unwanted Restarts in Standby Mode

KinetixHD

Reaction score
This started happening around a week ago. Occasionally, whenever my phone goes into standby (when the screen turns off) the phone restarts itself. This happens multiple times a day. Is it a bad app, is my phone faulty, or is it just normal Droid behavior? It's still under warranty but I've already replaced it once already so I'd like to avoid doing it again if possible.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Asphyx

Reaction score
What ROM are you running?

Sounds awfully similar to what happens when you leave the sensors enabled on a D2 ROM with the Romer Patch.

If your running something like Liberty then disable the Sensors using the romer script.

If you figure out what the problem was then please repost an update here so that they can check to see if it will solve the Romer patch issues they are having.

pobrien904

Reaction score
Could also be a faulty app. Try removing some games/apps and sew if the problem goes away.

I had this happen too. Caused by a game I downloaded.

OP
K

KinetixHD

Reaction score
I wiped the phone with a complete data reset and the problem was still happening so I called in a replacement. I didn't have any Roms running so sorry I couldn't help with that. I only got as far as rooting my phone before the problem started.