Probably a non-issue but...

nick413

Reaction score
When I bring my Droid 2 out of standby after a period of time, the signal strength indicator is replaced by a red circle-slash for half a second. Is it possible that my phone is going into airplane mode whilst idling in standby? My current theory is that this is a result of maximum battery saver, and its because of the phone shutting off data.

Also, this is a replacement D2, I bricked my original one trying to sbf back from Fission 2.2.2 (but Big Red doesn't need to know about that, haha.)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
N

nick413

Reaction score
It probably is from the max batt saver thing.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Okay this just got interesting. I am in an area (Burlington VT) where 1x/3G is great across the board. On my Omnia last year, and my previous D2, I *never* dropped signal, anywhere. However, I installed Real Signal, and every once and awhile, the EVDO strength goes from -2 ish down to -64 or worse. CDMA seems to stay stable.

This is also the case with the max battery saver disabled. I've updated PRL, and reactivated multiple times. I'm gonna try to find the newest baseband and flash that, otherwise this one might have to go back as well :|