Unrooting - used motofail

Sevron

Reaction score
I am wanting to unroot my phone and cant find anything about unrooting. I used motofail from a stickied thread on xda but it has nothing about unrooting.

Im unrooting because I dont really use anything that requires root and Im kinda scared to flash a rom in fear of bricking the phone.

Its also a great phone huge step up from the lg revo I had (this was a replacement).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Concistency

Reaction score
There is some great roms and tutorials out there if you really want a new rom. Video tutorials, written tutorials, etc and it's hard to straight up brick your phone and no way around it. And also you ha e the perks of freezing or getting rid of that bloayware. Just some stuff to think about before unrooting. FXZ if you want complete stock if you made any changes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kac8866

Reaction score
There is the opportunity to check out some good ICS ROMs. Also being able to freeze or not install some of the boat ware is a big reason for keeping root. And it is nearly impossible to brick your phone.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
I don't have the money to go out and straight up buy another phone if I do brick it as well. Most of the ROMs I've seen look pretty buggy though it's been a couple months though since I looked. Last I heard the ICS roms didn't have 4g/3g yet, which I'm in a 4g area and I use it a LOT.

I'm looking at the safestrap sticky here and thinking about doing it that way. Do I have to erase everything before I do the safestrap or will it keep all my data just keep it on one side?

kac8866

Reaction score
I didn't erase anything. I made a back up of my stock and have that as the "unsafe" side. I'm running Team Gummy ICS 4.0.4 beta. The only thing I find not working is the video camera. 4G is fine and I've had no issues with data drops. I'm assuming you are on 902.

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Yea, that safestrap looks kinda intimidating to me =/. Going to read over it a bit more and figure out how to even install apk files lol.

kac8866

Reaction score
Installing an apk file is easy. Simple download the file, clock on it from a file manager, and select install. Is the Bionic your first Droid?

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Yes/No. LG Revo was my first, but after the 3rd replacement they sent me a Bionic. So yea, first droid here.

I'm usually good with this kind of stuff, but there's just something about the cellphone that gets me =/.

kac8866

Reaction score
There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on this site. If you do anything to really fubar your phone, they can get you out of it.

That being said, safestrap is easy to use. Just back up sick to the unsafe side. Then flash ROMs on the "safe" side. Teen Gummy has done some wonderful work with ICS ROMs.

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Well I got safestrap installed and running axi0m on it.

Sent from my ICS Bionic