unrooting phone emergency?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
I put android 2.2 (froyo) on my MOTOROLA DROID and did a few changes and it was acting slow. so i did the update where i put 2.0.1 on my droid using a RSD-LITE file and whatnot. and i go to 'about phone' in settings and it says my system is up to date, even though it also says im only at 2.0.1

i did this same process on a different droid (Froyo wouldn't work well, for whatever reason) and once i brought it back to 2.0.01 i went to about phone and it let me update to 2.1

why cant i now? am i missing something?

i need help!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use the Stock Images option in Rom Manager.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot? Flash 2.01 with RSD Lite again? I don't know of a way to make that update button appear if it thinks you are up to date and you really aren't. you can also try the update.zip method of getting back to 2.01 and then take the 2.1 OTA update. If still stuck you could flash the rooted 2.1 rom that has no themes or other alterations made to it.

edit: or try what titans said :)

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Reboot? Flash 2.01 with RSD Lite again? I don't know of a way to make that update button appear if it thinks you are up to date and you really aren't. you can also try the update.zip method of getting back to 2.01 and then take the 2.1 OTA update. If still stuck you could flash the rooted 2.1 rom that has no themes or other alterations made to it.

edit: or try what titans said :)

thats what i've always done. ALL my updates have always been the update.zip method and i cant figure out how to get back to stock 2.0.1 using this method.

i feel as if im missing something obvious.. can you help me?

how can i get back to 2.0.1 with the update.zip method?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just do what I said it's the easiest.

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score

alright so i use stock images in rom manager?

i don't use rom manager. i use the SPrecovery method..

Make friendly with Rom Manager, you won't regret it.

i dont understand what Rom Manager is..
there an easy way to explain it?

to my understanding. by using SPrecovery i can simply download a .zip file. put it on my SD card. rename it to "update.zip" then restart my phone in recovery mode and hit "apply update" and thats that.... takes like 2 minutes at most.

are you saying rom manager is easier?? if so please share? i see people talk about that and Clockwork. i dont understand either

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Given some of the threads I've seen I wouldn't say that with 100% confidence:) I'd say a fair amount of folks have no issues but it has had its share of issues whereas sprecovery does not. Behind the scenes its doing the same thing...flashing a rom, doing the button mashing for you.

For the op...its in the market. It replaces sprecovery, but has an option to install that "alternative recovery method" so you have it again if you want. The paid version has a bunch of roms listed so you can just select what you want, it downloads the rom and installs it for you, all on auto pilot.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score

i dont understand what Rom Manager is..
there an easy way to explain it?

to my understanding. by using SPrecovery i can simply download a .zip file. put it on my SD card. rename it to "update.zip" then restart my phone in recovery mode and hit "apply update" and thats that.... takes like 2 minutes at most.

are you saying rom manager is easier?? if so please share? i see people talk about that and Clockwork. i dont understand either

1. Download Rom Manager
2. Click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery (at top of Rom Manager)
3. Click download rom
4. Click Stock Images
5. Click Verizon Droid 2.0.1 stock

Let the phone reboot and all that, now you're back at 2.0.1 stock.