Unrooting my DX (Don't remember how I rooted it)

TheIceman

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and way back in the past I rooted it but don't remember how I did it. The DX is no longer on the Verizon network as I upgraded my phone over to a RAZR MAXX. I of course have access to WIFI for anything needed for the phone itself.

I need to get it back to "factory original" where there is no root and basically like it was prior to me rooting it. I do remember getting the OTA 2.2 version on the phone prior to me rooting it as I had to wait for a method of rooting it once that OTA came out.

I know the experts here will probably know the method I used to root it and how to get it back as if it was never rooted. I can put in here some things I installed to get it to root or to help in the rooting process:

BusyBox
Droid X Bootstrapper
Titanium Backup (Paid for version)

There were other apps I put on the phone like LauncherX, CacheCleaner, SDRecan, AndroZip, Better Terminal Emulatorbut don't believe they had anything to do with the actual rooting (if I remember correctly).

When I boot up the phone it initially comes up with the ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.6 giving these options:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
install zip from sdcard
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced

I always select the Reboot system now.

once the DX comes up and check with the ABOUT PHONE
I see:

system information: Version 2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model Number DROIDX
Android Version 2.2
Baseband version BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-ga42712e w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1
build number: VZW
ERI version 5
PRL version: 52189

Is there a process/method that I can use to get rid of the root and put this back to the norm?

Thank you all for taking the time reading this.

TheIceman

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
UnlockRoot windows application can root your device. You can check its supported device list in here.:-http://www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php
When i checking i saw that your motorola DROIDX 2.2.1 VZW supported.

Download application:- Unlock Root of Android
After the installation connect your phone to the computer via USB cable and enable USB debugging.
Wait for a few seconds
Click "Unroot"

Full guide:- How To Easily Root Any Android Phone, Tablet One Click [ Fast, Easiest, Secure ].

Hope this will useful.

chrisnelson24

Reaction score
Worked Perfectly!

UnlockRoot windows application can root your device. You can check its supported device list in here.:-http://www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php
When i checking i saw that your motorola DROIDX 2.2.1 VZW supported.

Download application:- Unlock Root of Android
After the installation connect your phone to the computer via USB cable and enable USB debugging.
Wait for a few seconds
Click "Unroot"

Full guide:- How To Easily Root Any Android Phone, Tablet One Click [ Fast, Easiest, Secure ].

Hope this will useful.

Unlock root of android worked perfectly on my droid x! I also forgot how to unroot as i had rooted years back. Thanks a million!