Unroot help

bonomonster

Reaction score
I love my rooted X but the reason I need to unroot is I wanna trade up, possibly to a X2. I'm sending the X to my sister 700mi away, and she needs to be able to bring the phone to Verizon when there's a problem and not worry about being hassled.

The problem is im not sure what method I used to root it. I rooted it when I first got the phone a year ago and I know I downloaded software on the pc but I have no clue how to unroot.

Also I wasn't thinking when I did this but using Root Explorer I deleted some of the bloat ware I would never use. Things like Blockbuster, Twitter, VZ Navigator, Ext......

Any help or advise would be much appreciated. Also not 100% sold on X2 so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

droidx2.3.3

Reaction score
The safest method is to sbf. That will put you to out of the box stock like the day you got it.

OP
bonomonster

bonomonster

Reaction score
What is SBF and how do I do that? I read a lot of how and why to root a year ago (mostly cause I wanted gingerbread) but haven't kept up with everything and forgot a bunch if what I read.

I work in the medical field and get so frustrated when pts come in self diagnosing themselves and wanting a med cause they saw a drug commercial on tv. I now feel like that person except with my phone. So sad!

jwalz

Reaction score
Sbf is needed to bring your phone back to complete stock...after that make sure you uninstall all apks that need root to access and that you unfreeze any bloat that you mite have froze

I'm just simply stunning

F

fifiknw

I love my rooted X but the reason I need to unroot is I wanna trade up, possibly to a X2. I'm sending the X to my sister 700mi away, and she needs to be able to bring the phone to Verizon when there's a problem and not worry about being hassled.

The problem is im not sure what method I used to root it. I rooted it when I first got the phone a year ago and I know I downloaded software on the pc but I have no clue how to unroot.

Also I wasn't thinking when I did this but using Root Explorer I deleted some of the bloat ware I would never use. Things like Blockbuster, Twitter, VZ Navigator, Ext......

Any help or advise would be much appreciated. Also not 100% sold on X2 so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Z4root can unroot but to wipe with no root sbf it: Topic: Unbricking Droid X - Z4Cell Forums