Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

UggTheThug

Reaction score
This was a wonderful guide! Sold by OG on ebay to help finance a fresh, glowing Bolt!

By the way, the droid automatically downlaoded FRG83G on its own. May want to change the OP. Either way excellent, worryless unroot

Robster

Reaction score
I am trying to get back to stock but I am just a little confused. I am using ClockWork Recovery. What confuses me are these directions from the first page in the second part of the instructions:

With Clockwork, you do not have to name everything "update.zip". Because of this, you'll want to leave the FRG22D file as it is currently named, and you'll want to rename the FRG83G patch file to "update.zip"

I thought I was supposed to install the FRG22D file (as the update.zip) but that statement above makes it sound like the first think I am to install is the FRG83G patch file. Help please.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
No, the frg22d u DO NOT rename. In clockwork u can select whatever file u want. Once u flash that and have the stock recovery, the only thing it will flash has to be named update.zip. u do not have an option to select whatever u want, the update.zip is the only option it gives u.

Sent from my Droid

Robster

Reaction score
Thanks but why am I told to rename the FRG83G patch to update.zip in those directions?

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Because the stock recovery (which is what u will have) ONLY flashes things named update.zip

U might not even have to do that though, as he mentioned after he flashed the 2.2 he got the updates OTA

Sent from my Droid

Robster

Reaction score
Alright, I think I got it. When using CWMRecovery, I want to first flash the FRG22D but it will later flash the FRG83 patch since I will have named it update.zip. Thanks much!

J1203

Reaction score
help please! i tried to unroot my droid and got it to flash to FRG22D, but when i rebooted the phone, i got stuck in Boot loop. I cant get into Clockwork either because its already unrooted and it just keeps boot looping. help!

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
help please! i tried to unroot my droid and got it to flash to FRG22D, but when i rebooted the phone, i got stuck in Boot loop. I cant get into Clockwork either because its already unrooted and it just keeps boot looping. help!

Try booting into stock recovery and doing a factory/data wipe, or reset, or however it's worded. The only time I ever got a boot loop was when I didn't wipe first, and that fixed it.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Did you get this fixed? I'm at the same point. Can't reboot into recovery because I get a blank screen.

My sbf flash went fine but I'm in a M logo constant reboot afterward. Gonna downgrade to 4.6 from 4.9 and delete and reinstall all the drivers and try again.

elservo

Reaction score
Ok, I installed everything exactly as written using ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

1. Installed "signed-voles-FRG22D-Master_OTA.zip" from the "apply sd card:update.zip" and it completed installation, no problem.
2. Then attempted to install the renamed "update.zip" file from the root of the SD Card and got the following error message:

Installing: SDCARD:update.zip
Finding Update Package...
Opening Update Package...
Installing update...
file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.

I made sure to wipe cache and do a factory reset before applying the signed-voles-FRG22D-Master_OTA.zip

A reboot hangs on the M, and the battery must be removed to turn it off. I followed these steps to the letter and I'm stuck on this M, and I can't seem to get it working. Tried to reboot about 20 times and haven't gotten past the M. I had to do this install because I couldn't get my USB to mount on my PC anymore, so unless I get a SD adapter to connect it to my PC or my Mac, all I have access to is the ClockwordMod Recovery screen.

elservo

Reaction score
Ok, I just rebooted, went into a further menu in Clockwork and wiped two other bits of data, on screens I'm afraid of going back to. What I did was I wiped two other partitions in the "advanced menu" and then did a cache wipe followed by a factory reset wipe, then I installed signed-voles-FRG22D-Master_OTA.zip and rebooted. Finally, the droid logo appeared after the M hung for a bit and now I'm back to stock. dancedroid

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I might need to change the instructions to make sure, if using Clockwork, to fully wipe first... Thx for the feedback.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
edited op to recommend doing a full wipe before flashing through clockwork - hopefully that will eliminate any more of those issues...

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Good job. I think my guide recommends the full wipe as well.

Sinema

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as the person a few posts up with the Status 7.

His explanation on how he fix it was a bit unclear to me.

Did he install the update.zip? and in the instructions I thought you install the update.zip first then the FRG220

Right now I'm stuck unable to install the update.zip due to the error. I've wiped each option about 10 times each and tried to install the update.zip first and that fails and then I tried to install the FRG220 and now that's failing.

I'm using Clockwork Recover v2.5.0.1