unOfficial Droid Specs

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is what I believe the specs will be for the new Droid Phone. I'm not 100% so please correct me this data is out of date.

* 3.7″ screen with 854×480 (16:9 widescreen) capacitive touchscreen
* 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 Processor
* Wi-Fi, EV-DO
* 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash and video recording
* QWERTY Slider, 13.7mm thick
* 3.5mm headphone jack
* 16GB onboard storage with microSD expansion slot
* Android 2.0 'Eclair'
* Launches December 1st

J

JohnDroid

So the processor, camera and screen put it miles beyond any other Android based phone out there.

The physical keyboard is a big plus vs. the iPhone. So hopefully this will be the first real competitor.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gotta bump for droid forums sake...the first conversation in this section. To JohnDroid it appears that the droid not only was a real competitor but it started something big. It got ordinary people interested in computer programming just to customize their phone. It started the motion for other android devices like the Droid x and the Evo to finally show people that you do not have to get an iphone to have a cool smart phone. And most of all it brought about one of the largest android communities to discuss all things droid. So thanks again to the Big Droid for starting this up and thanks to the many members for your insight. As we start a new year in android I look forward to what google and the android community will cook up.