Unlocking the Droid 3 and Using it

jon32796

Reaction score
Hi there I just moved from the US to Australia and had my phone unlocked. The Droid 3 unlocked with no problem and I can make phone calls just fine but I have no internet access or 3G or anything related to the internet. I've looked through the wireless/networks and such but with no real solution. I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing or something I didn't do.

dark link:: what network are you using and are you able to get text msgs etC?

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to do this and use a straight talk Sims card? just looking for a way to get unlimited data considering I burn threw 2gb in a week....

Reaction score
I'm on Tmobile. My D3 doesn't seem to like switching in and out of 3G in the patchy rollout areas but otherwise I don't have any issues. I'm on the $30/month prepaid with unlimited data, tethering works fine, never gotten the upsell notice some phones and/or ROMs get. I followed the instructions from this thread and everything worked fine, just make sure to do everything in the proper order. I'd also recommend testing the hardware keyboard bedore buying if possible, some of them have some flaky keys. (Mine's one of these ones.)

--posted from my phone

D1ck3y

Reaction score
How would I go about getting a sim card from T-Mobile?? Just wondering cus I'm having difficulty getting one from straight talk.