Unlocking Moto Razr M for International Carriers in India

dineshcs007

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought a Moto Razr Phone with Verizon contract. I'm travelling to India. I heard that I cant use the phone with other carriers in India(GSM operators Airtel, Aircel, etc).
But the spec says that my phone supports both GSM and CDMA.

I am newbie and I dont know what to do with the phone. It would be helpful if someone could help me able to use my phone with Indian carriers.

I recently read about the CM10 for RAZR(http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-razr-m-xt907-consumer-developer-edition.html).
I would be happy to know whether rooting my device and installing CM10 on it will help me use the phone in India.

Thanks in Advance :)

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I'm assuming here by "Moto RAZR" you mean the RAZR M since you posted here. Unfortunately there are a few Motorola RAZR phones. And they also used RAZR MAXX and RAZR M for names. They are different phones.

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
I'm assuming here by "Moto RAZR" you mean the RAZR M since you posted here. Unfortunately there are a few Motorola RAZR phones. And they also used RAZR MAXX and RAZR M for names. They are different phones.

Clearly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought a Moto Razr Phone with Verizon contract. I'm travelling to India. I heard that I cant use the phone with other carriers in India(GSM operators Airtel, Aircel, etc).
But the spec says that my phone supports both GSM and CDMA.

I am newbie and I dont know what to do with the phone. It would be helpful if someone could help me able to use my phone with Indian carriers.

I recently read about the CM10 for RAZR(http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-razr-m-xt907-consumer-developer-edition.html).
I would be happy to know whether rooting my device and installing CM10 on it will help me use the phone in India.

Thanks in Advance :)

Your phone is unlocked for international usage. If on ICS or JB, you can use GSM in another country if you buy a micro sim there. If you want to use in us I suggest JB and radiocomm I'm running my razr on straight talk gsm with jb ota leak

OP
D

dineshcs007

Reaction score
Your phone is unlocked for international usage. If on ICS or JB, you can use GSM in another country if you buy a micro sim there. If you want to use in us I suggest JB and radiocomm I'm running my razr on straight talk gsm with jb ota leak

Thanks for helping out :)

In one of the FAQs it says

Q: Can I use my Motorola RAZR M with a carrier other than Verizon?
No, the Droid RAZR M will only function on the Verizon CDMA/LTE network. The Razr M can be used globally but only if you
are on the VZW network. It has global capability for roaming outside the US which you need a VZW SIM card to roam.

Which means, I can't use it without a Verizon sim even outside US. I want to use Indian sim with it.

Can you please suggest me good way to unlock the carrier from Verizon (Inside US or Outside US both are fine).
Thanks in Advance.

kss7

Reaction score
Hi - did u finally manage to use your phone in India? How?

appreciate if u can share the details if u have managed to use it. i have the same phone & want to use it in India.

LucasJoelho

Reaction score
It works

appreciate if u can share the details if u have managed to use it. i have the same phone & want to use it in India.

Hi guys, I also own a Motorola Droid Razr M, running JB.
I bought it while I was in US, but now I'm in Brazil, and the phone works fine. No unlocking process is needed, just the micro SIM card from the foreign carrier.
My 3g/4g is not working but I guess is because of my carrier's fault, besides that is all right. The only thing is when you put the new SIM card and turn on your phone, there's a system message like "SIM card from unknown source", but then you tap OK, and that's it, signal and everything. I'm affraid to say that it will work great for you guys, but in my opinion that shouldnt be a headache anymore.
BTW, I also rooted mine, and im trying to find a way to delete this booting message about the SIM card, if I get anything I'll post it.

david_crawford

Reaction score
Hi Lucas, i'm moving to brazil and thinking about buying a razr m at ebay.. will it work with Claro? Have you managed to solve the 3g/4g problem??Thanks a lot!!

umama

Reaction score
Really?

It states in the TITLE and the text of message that its about RAZR M!

Edited by staff to remove offensive comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It states CLEARLY in the TITLE and the text of message that its about ..RAZR M, you ..pompous ****!

That is uncalled for, and probably against site rules!

Heaven

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon Samsung galaxy S5

Okay. So.. Im slightly illiterate on this. So would you please explain what and hour you did this... I have a straight talk sim that i am trying to use and you are the ONLY person so far that I've found with success on this phone. Thank you. PM me ...

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Okay. So.. Im slightly illiterate on this. So would you please explain what and hour you did this... I have a straight talk sim that i am trying to use and you are the ONLY person so far that ive flund with success on this phone. Thank you. Email me without the spaces...

Please don't post email addresses on the open forum. You may exchange email addresses in personal messages if you wish.

Also, you do realize you're responding to a post a year old? Just trying to be informative.

Reactions: CJM