Unlocking a Droid 3 withing it being Activated yet

Highcon

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal. I currently use the galaxy vibrant for tmobile. My friend gave me his new droid 3 from verizon in return for owing me some money. The phone came shipped from the factory and hasn't been activated or anything yet. My question is can I possibly make this phone work for tmobile? I've tried following one guide which stated it needs to be rooted first and I wasn't able to do this for some reason. Prolly because It wasnt activated yet. So should i purchase an unlock code from ebay first before I can continue with the unlocking procedure that makes this phone work with tmobile?

I have no clue about verizon and its phone so some help would be appreciated. Otherwise Im lookin to sell this phone if this can't be done, maybe one of you could take it off my hands. Let me know, thanks.

pistacio

Reaction score
I believe your friend needs to activate it and call VZW for the unlock code. Then deactivate it.

Look for "MOTOFAIL" to root it.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
There is extensive work on Xda on using the d3 on gsm networks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

zombi3

Reaction score
You can bypass the activation by taping the screen corners where the android guy screen is clockwise starting from the top left then top right bottom right bottom left , like davros said theres a whole guide on how to after you sim unlock what you have to do

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited: