Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy Note II and a few versions of the SGS3 for Free

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
unlocking-the-lock.jpg

Many of you guys might have already seen this, but for those who didn't, Samsung provided a sneaky hidden menu in some of their Galaxy line that allows you to unlock your device for free. This trick has been confirmed to work with the Samsung Galaxy Note II and a few versions of the Galaxy S III. For this to work your phone must be running Jelly Bean. Supposedly, this unlock is permanent and will work even after a full reset of the device. Here's the instructions below, ( just make sure you remind yourself the usual disclaimer about being careful, etc...):

1. Enter the following into the dialler: *#197328640#
2. From the menu that appears choose

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

This seems pretty slick! Sound off in the thread if this works, an/or if there are any problems. Here's the XDA thread for more details before you jump into this: XDA

jseah

Reaction score
I'm confused. If I enter the number into the dialer, then what do I do? If I hit the "send" button, then the phone attempts to call that number.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm confused. If I enter the number into the dialer, then what do I do? If I hit the "send" button, then the phone attempts to call that number.

From all of the secret menus i've seen that are hidden behind some dial code you just type the number and as soon as you hit the last key it will automatically just open no need to do anything else.

For instance on any android phone you can do the following *#*#4636#*#* and you'll get the testing menu. I give this as an example since this will work on any android device that I know of whereas i know this code only works on a few samsung phones. So type those numbers in if you'd like to see how it should work

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
On AOKP, I get a "loading UTMS" but then it closes. Oh well, I'm not leaving ATT any time soon anyways.

jseah

Reaction score
From all of the secret menus i've seen that are hidden behind some dial code you just type the number and as soon as you hit the last key it will automatically just open no need to do anything else.

For instance on any android phone you can do the following *#*#4636#*#* and you'll get the testing menu. I give this as an example since this will work on any android device that I know of whereas i know this code only works on a few samsung phones. So type those numbers in if you'd like to see how it should work

I've got a stock Verizon Note 2 and entering either the unlocking menu code or the code you provided above does nothing. When in the dialer and after entering the code(s), it sits there waiting for me to press the call button.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've got a stock Verizon Note 2 and entering either the unlocking menu code or the code you provided above does nothing. When in the dialer and after entering the code(s), it sits there waiting for me to press the call button.

Thought that one worked on every device o well guess not. Anyway there are lists of different codes to play with Free Your Android - Android Secret Dial Codes but it sounds like yours falls into the list of phones without these codes in both instances. Nevertheless that link has a bunch if you feel like playing and maybe some will work.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I have a stock SGS3 that I got in June... the 4636 code didn't do anything.

...aaaannnd neither did the 1973 etc. code. Oh, well.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
...also, according to the Secret Dial Codes website, the code should be *#*#197328640#*#*

It didn't work for me either. In fact none of the ones I tried worked on my SGS3.

Last edited:

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Also, I just got the Note II today (early christmas gift), and these codes don't work on it, either...my phone is the SCH-I605 running android 4.1.1

gomlig

Reaction score
Have you tried other unlocking method, which is based on your IMEI. You can get the unlock code from OnlineGSMUnlock.com .Select the country and network to which your note II is locked.Get the unlocking service and then provide the IMEI [press *#06# to know] when it is asked and get your code via mail.Follow the instructions provided to get your phone unlocked.

Last edited: