Unlock Phone with a Simple Button Press?

DynoPlast

Reaction score
My Droid X screen requires a hard button press, then a finger swipe to unlock. I've messed with the unlock settings and can't seem to set it up whereby a finger swipe isn't necessary.

Does anyone know how to configure the unlock using only the hard button?

I just ended 4 years of Treo usage and got accustomed to one button screen unlock, even though I've made a few embarrassing "pocket calls".:)

Thank you.

cpjr

Reaction score
There are a few apps in the market to allow you to disable the lockscreen. The phone wont do it be default.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have it set up that my phone unlocks right to main screen right after I press the unlock button.

However, for security reasons if I don't touch that button for 15 minutes, the next time I turn it on I unlock it, I have to swype and then put in the droid security code thingy.

And I didn't download any apps.

Just changed the settings.

Humpa

Reaction score
try no lock

I tried that and it didn't make difference. It must be for something else, unless it requires a reboot for it to go into effect.
No Lock has two states. On and Off.
After installing it, you need to turn it on if you want it to remove the lock. I use the widget to turn it on and off.

On the X, the No Lock will wake if you press the power, Home, or volume up buttons (for some reason volume down doesnt wake it).

Mule65

Reaction score
In 2.1 you could disable swipe-to-unlock on the X (Menu - Settings - Location & Security - Screen lock) but it looks like that was killed in 2.2. If you ever carry in a bag or pocket then you're better off getting used to it, IMHO.

Humpa

Reaction score
In 2.1 you could disable swipe-to-unlock on the X (Menu - Settings - Location & Security - Screen lock) but it looks like that was killed in 2.2. If you ever carry in a bag or pocket then you're better off getting used to it, IMHO.
The X doesn't wake on accident too easily. Not as easily as the Incredible - the Inc wakes accidentally on me much more often becasue the volume rocker is sensitive.

But just keep the No Lock widget on one of your homescreens and you can turn it on and off depending. Though everyone has their own needs and preferences.

akates

Reaction score
When I use NoLock, it unlocks for more than just the lock, home, and volume, it unlocks on ANY of the hard buttons. Any way to fix that?

Humpa

Reaction score
When I use NoLock, it unlocks for more than just the lock, home, and volume, it unlocks on ANY of the hard buttons. Any way to fix that?
I thought it might do all the buttons, but wasn't sure (it is out in my car).

There are zero settings with No Lock. I like it because it always works flawlessly with no lag or glitches.

There are other lock apps. Just search "lock" in the Market. LockBot is a popular one. But I do not know of any that have settings for which button will wake it.