Unlock pattern question

stevo95

Reaction score
Couldnt find this question asked, hopefully this is a first time and not a multiple :)

I like to turn my screen off sometimes to preserver the battery life. But it is annoying that it asks me for the unlock pattern every time I do this. Is there any way, such as an app, to achieve this?

I want to have a timeout of ten minutes so that I can turn off the screen and as long as I turn it back on within the time period, it doesnt require an unlock?

Actually, this leads to a 2nd question - is it possible to make the timing of the screen timeout more customizable? 15 secs/30secs/1min/2min/10min/30min is not a lot of options.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
autolock in the market.

used to be free, but not anymore. well worth the dollar or whatever its running for though

edit: as for your second question, yes

menu/settings/sound & display/screen timeout

edit2: oh sorry, didnt finish reading your question... youll have to go to someone else for that answer

Last edited:
OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
autolock in the market.

used to be free, but not anymore. well worth the dollar or whatever its running for though

edit: as for your second question, yes

menu/settings/sound & display/screen timeout

edit2: oh sorry, didnt finish reading your question... youll have to go to someone else for that answer

Thanks for the response. It has majorly sucky reviews for the Droid though, seems like the reviews after a Dec update are mainly very poor. If anyone is aware of other options, that would be great.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It has majorly sucky reviews for the Droid though, seems like the reviews after a Dec update are mainly very poor. If anyone is aware of other options, that would be great.

yes, i have seen all those reviews and was weary to purchase it. i copied over the free version i downloaded a long time ago for my g1 to my droid, but it force closed. i decided to take the plunge and bought the new one. happy to say it works flawlessly on my droid.

i also saw another app that i believe came out just last night. though im unable to find it anymore...

edit: i ran across it. g-lock

for your second question, i did find an app called stayawake. i think that might be what youre looking for

Last edited:
OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score

yes, i have seen all those reviews and was weary to purchase it. i copied over the free version i downloaded a long time ago for my g1 to my droid, but it force closed. i decided to take the plunge and bought the new one. happy to say it works flawlessly on my droid.

i also saw another app that i believe came out just last night. though im unable to find it anymore...

edit: i ran across it. g-lock

for your second question, i did find an app called stayawake. i think that might be what youre looking for

Thanks, will check them both out. :)