droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
There are apps on the Play store that notify you of Wi-Fi in range and some that auto switch from Verizon data to Wi-Fi when you get in range of your known networks. That could also save you data usage as well.
I recently switched from unlimited to the Max plan. I don't see me going over my 6gb allowance either.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo

awesome. I will have to look into that. Nice to see someone else who has done this. :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good stuff ...keep us posted ..tell your hunny to get on the case ...I'm so digging that N3 ..

N2 tap'd HD

OP
droidprincess

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Good stuff ...keep us posted ..tell your hunny to get on the case ...I'm so digging that N3 ..

N2 tap'd HD

I will!.....I am so excited I cant wait to get my hands on a note 3

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I really want the Note 3. I do have an upgrade available on a different line so i may have to get it activated on that line and then switch. Wish I had caught that glitch this weeked!

Slowmo1817

Reaction score
I pre-ordered this weekend (actually last Thursday) using the edge plan (so I am paying full price, in installments) but was allowed to keep the unlimited plan with my upgrade. I'm mad I didn't at least try to get the subsidized phone (didn't even click on subsidized option). So I get to keep unlimited (I am off contract) but am still paying full price for my phone. Oh well, can't win them all.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I wont give up my unlimited I use to much data to and it would cost me way way way more than it does now. I tried to go on that edge deal but they said I wouod have to give it up darn it oh well full price here I come lol.

huskur

Reaction score
I wont give up my unlimited I use to much data to and it would cost me way way way more than it does now. I tried to go on that edge deal but they said I wouod have to give it up darn it oh well full price here I come lol.

Which is strange since with "edge" you are essentially paying full price......I used my dumb line upgrade for the Note 3 and when I get it just activate on my unlimited line.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Yeah thats what I was thinking but it says verizion no longer offer unlimited data you will be switched to the 6gig plan can keep my voice plan though.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Which is strange since with "edge" you are essentially paying full price......I used my dumb line upgrade for the Note 3 and when I get it just activate on my unlimited line.

Nice! So did you just get a new line with an existing dumb phone then?

huskur

Reaction score
Nice! So did you just get a new line with an existing dumb phone then?

I had a dumb phone line available for upgrade. When I went to activate it today i was told that I would lose my unlimited because I was activating on a different line than it was ordered for. I told them that THEIR rep told me to do it this way to preserve my unlimited plan. I forwarded them the copy of our chat we had before I ordered. They said they wouldn't read it....and that they would honor my unlimited plan. Which they did....hats off to verizon (this time)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I went through a little hassle activating my wife's Note 3. But got it done and kept both our unlimited data plans.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

Rayv

Reaction score
I went through a little hassle activating my wife's Note 3. But got it done and kept both our unlimited data plans.

Same here, I had to call and then send my email confirming my unlimited data order. It was a LONG call. They were very nice though and got everything fixed in the end.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Same here, I had to call and then send my email confirming my unlimited data order. It was a LONG call. They were very nice though and got everything fixed in the end.

I had to not be so nice and get a supervisor involved. But in the end got it all fixed.

Slowmo1817

Reaction score
I got my phone today. All confirmations said unlimited plan, when phone arrived, receipt said 6g Max plan. I preordered on 9/26, and it allowed me to keep unlimited plan. Been calling them (and went to store) to try and get this rectified. Store personnel are terrible, and have poor attitudes, no help at all. Customer service says they can switch phone to Device payment plan, and retain unlimited. Store Mgr claims there is no way to do it without activating phone, thus canceling out unlimited. He would not even try (or look at account on computer). I didn't have another hour to spend effing with them, so I will Rey again tomorrow.

jseah

Reaction score
I paid full retail, and didn't have any of these headaches. Line still has unlimited. Granted I did have to pay $400 more.