Unknown notification sound after "unlock"

AustinD

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Incredible for a few days now and am finally taking the time tonight to get familiarized with and personalize it.

I've been setting up the "Droooiiiiiid" sound for all of my notifications; however, whenever I unlock my phone after sliding down the slider, it makes a pulsing sound. I've searched for that sound and haven't found it on the phone in the notifications list. My "overall" notification sound is set to the "Droid" sound (it's also set to that in the messages section). It plays correctly for all other notifications.

I have no idea what that sound is, or where it came from. No one has an answer for it online, as far as I've searched. Am I just missing something about the unlock feature?

OP
A

AustinD

Reaction score
its the vibrate i bet..

Sorry for the following noobish question, but which vibrate setting are you referring to?

EDIT: When I said a "pulsing sound" I mean like a fast "beep-beep-beep-beep-beep" tone, not the actual vibrating of the phone, lol. Now that I read my original post again, it does sound misleading.

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mine vibrates when i unlock it, and i bet yours does too (though i don't have an incredible), and i bet that's what you are hearing as it is a bit audible

OP
A

AustinD

Reaction score
mine vibrates when i unlock it, and i bet yours does too (though i don't have an incredible), and i bet that's what you are hearing as it is a bit audible

See the edit above, haha. You must've thought I was crazy, lol.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ooohhhhh that...

it's the stock sound for everything if you were to delete all your sounds.. kinda like the beep when you start up your desktop ("post" beep) that occurs whether your speakers are on or not.. i'm not sure you can access that particular sound.

not sure why it's doing it for unlock, mine did it for the SD card notification.. check that?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ooohhhhh that...

it's the stock sound for everything if you were to delete all your sounds.. kinda like the beep when you start up your desktop ("post" beep) that occurs whether your speakers are on or not.. i'm not sure you can access that particular sound.

not sure why it's doing it for unlock, mine did it for the SD card notification.. check that?
I read an edit for it somewhere....tried to find it to no avail :(

OP
A

AustinD

Reaction score
ooohhhhh that...

No dice on the SD section. Well, I put the droid sound file on the SD card, per the instructions "Media/audio/notifications," so I wonder if it's loading the SD notification when it tries to access the droid sound.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nah.. shouldn't be that.. the SD sound happens when you mount/unmount

OP
A

AustinD

Reaction score
ooohhhhh that...

I read an edit for it somewhere....tried to find it to no avail :(

I appreciate it. I'll keep looking and post if I find the answer.

OP
A

AustinD

Reaction score
From what I've read, since my droid.ogg file is on the SD card, the SD notfication can't play the file before it's fully loaded--kind of like expecting the Windows log on chimes to play when you just turn your computer on, and it's starting to boot.

Apparently the only solution is to root the phone and stick the file in the phone's storage. I'll be giving that a shot in a few minutes. I appreciate the help!