Cant Change Notification Sound

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you access (open) the app to send a text message tap the menu key, tap settings, tap notification, and uncheck

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did that work? It is late and I am tired so I'm signing off for the night. If you are still having issues with the original messaging keep looking for the notification settings.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I am not using an app. my phone has a messaging system in it already. that is what i am using. I dont know how to turn it off.
That would be the stock app. Just like using the dialer part of the phone you're using the stock dialer app. :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Main Menu, sounds, notifications, silent will turn off all notifications like stock text app , email, etc. so set that one to the text tone you want .
To stop double notifications with handcent go into its menu , notification settings , turn notification sound to silent.
If you want to have a different tone for individual contacts texts get an app called Ringo. It lets you set up individual tones for both calls and texts for your individual contracts in 1 app instead of this app for this that app for that.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Following this post, have the same proboblem double notifications using handcent. I only got handcent because animated pics wouldnt work. They do now with handcent. BUT the stock text is better for me. Can I shut off the handcent text part and use just stock?

Open Handcent, tap menu, tap settings, tap notifications, uncheck notifications.

Bearcats

Reaction score
I registered just to say thanks for the guidance I found in this post. I have seen multiple times Menu-> Setting -> Notification. What I didnt put together is that you have to be ON the actual screen to get a different settings menu.

THANKS!