Unknown error 18

droidtroubles

Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to download an app it brings up a message while it is trying to install after downloading. it reads "UNKNOWN ERROR - 18" what is this and how can I fix it?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to download an app it brings up a message while it is trying to install after downloading. it reads "UNKNOWN ERROR - 18" what is this and how can I fix it?

2 solutions:

[FONT=&quot](credit ch33kybutt)

So whenever you run into the "Unknown Error -18" issue, here's the simple workaround ...[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]'Settings'[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]'SD Card & phone storage'[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]'Unmount SD card'[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Install app (from Market or adb push install)[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]go back to settings and 'Mount SD card'[/FONT]

Per Tillyswilly:

if you delete the .android_secure folder off the SD card that will fix it all together and you wont have 2go2 the unmount everytime.....1 drawback is you might have to reinstall some apps i had to reinstall about 15 but now it downloads all the apps just fine

OP
D

droidtroubles

Reaction score
finding file

under what section of files would .android_secure be?

duckchay

Reaction score
I'm having problems deleting that specific folder. I was using Astro to delete it, but it says that it cannot be deleted. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

droidtroubles

Reaction score
im having trouble finding the SD card folder. I go into files then phone files and I dont see it anywhere. What is its title. Thank you for all of your help

Reaction score
When you plug your phone into a computer via USB and set it to USB mass storage, you go to My computer, then double click on your phone, which will just show up as an external harddrive. What you see now is the SD card.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Per Tillyswilly:

if you delete the .android_secure folder off the SD card that will fix it all together and you wont have 2go2 the unmount everytime.....1 drawback is you might have to reinstall some apps i had to reinstall about 15 but now it downloads all the apps just fine

I got a quote :icon_ banana: haha....anyways yes you have to plug it into the pc it will not delete using astro or file manager (atleast it never would for me) and just delete from there and your back in business....should be about the 3rd folder down

duckchay

Reaction score
Freaking folder keeps on popping back up every so often. Some function of the o/s must be recreating the folder. Is this normal?

Btw I deleted it using the USB to PC method.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yes it will come back thats where some of your apps get stored but you still shouldn't have any problems downloading anymore

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Good man now download like theres no tom lol

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.