What's new
DroidForums.net | Android Forum & News

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal Theme Porter by Wugfresh...

Just curious, will this work to essentially extract a theme out of a ROM? For example, what if I wanted the SSX look on Rubix. Could I put in the SSX ROM as a theme and get what I want?
 
it just switches the images in each apk if images are named different it gets skipped. it doesnt port xml files. so if there was any edit to those those will get missed and you are missing the look the OG dev was going for. I hate these tools!!!
 
it just switches the images in each apk if images are named different it gets skipped. it doesnt port xml files. so if there was any edit to those those will get missed and you are missing the look the OG dev was going for. I hate these tools!!!

+1
I've seen my themes ported to other devices and ROMs and they totally didn't get fully ported and then people started criticizing me for a bad theme or issues reading text, mismatched colors...etc.

While they can make some of the porting work easy....be careful that you get the FULL experience that the OG dev wanted to give you! There's nothing worse than seeing black text on a black button! (or rather, NOT seeing it)
 
Thanks for trying though. Just out of curiosity sake, which three themes did you port over?

Like what was said in the prior few posts, the original Incognito had some white on white lettering(has nothing to do with the original theme which is great) so I switched over to...

The Incognito that was in this thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...23-theme-ports-rubix-1-9-7-come-get-some.html

Also the MIUI that was in the prior thread and...

I also ported GalaxyS-DX-1.5.2 but I can't find the url today.
 
Hate it or not...unfortunately its the only way for people that don't know how to theme, to get the theme they want, on the ROM their using. The devs are busy and can't meet everyones needs. Every file might not be complete like the original dev intended, but users can get a taste of what they want.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\
 
hey i have a mac and thus am not able to use this, can you port the blue drop theme for 1.5? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
 
Back
Top