Universal Remote?

thefalloftroy

Reaction score
My friend has an iPhone and is able to use it as a remote for his TV, Ps3, Home Theatre, etc.

Anything like this out for the Droid yet?

Thx.

atlharry

Reaction score
I don't think the Droid has an IR transmitter, which would be required.

adam8ch

Reaction score
It may be possible to sync via Bluetooth and use it as a remote that way. But I don't know if there is an app for that. I really hate that phrase now.

Droider

Reaction score
I think that such a setup, even for the iPhone, would require something like an IP to Infrared gateway (or maybe bluetooth to infrared). There's a bunch of iPhone aps for controling things like iTunes, Apple TV, TIVO, NetFlix, etc. Those are all things connected online somehow. But to control a regular TV or Stereo, without an infrared transmitter on the Droid, will require some sort of IP (or bluetooth) to Infrared gateway device plus someone would need to build an app or web interface to control it.

lucidstate

Reaction score
I think that such a setup, even for the iPhone, would require something like an IP to Infrared gateway (or maybe bluetooth to infrared). There's a bunch of iPhone aps for controling things like iTunes, Apple TV, TIVO, NetFlix, etc. Those are all things connected online somehow. But to control a regular TV or Stereo, without an infrared transmitter on the Droid, will require some sort of IP (or bluetooth) to Infrared gateway device plus someone would need to build an app or web interface to control it.
Someone get on this please!

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I use gmote on my Droid to control my MacBook pro. Works great.

I second Gmote. I use it to control movies and music on my Windows XP Media center. It uses a WiFi connection to your home network.

It also streams movies and music to your phone (beta right now). I've been successful with the music part but I err out on the movies.

You can obviously then open the network port on your home router to allow your DROID to stream music and movies while you're away from home.

It's all you need ... no IR necessary!