unhide read only contacts

Data

Reaction score
I long pressed on my voicemail contact and told it to hide the contact and now i can't get it back, anyone have any ideas. thanks Mike

OP
Data

Data

Reaction score
in contacts if you long press on it you get an option to hide it. now I can't get it back.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Assuming that your phone is a RAZR or RAZR Maxx, (since this is the RAZR thread), what system version are you on?
If I long press a contact on my Maxx, there is no option to hide......

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
Data

Data

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I was not clear if you long press on it then at the bottom hit delete (trash can) it says you cannot delete from read only accounts but you can hide them, I did now I cannot get it back. I have a standard razr on JB. thanks mike.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Have you gone into System Settings, Manage Apps. Scroll over to ALL apps. Scroll down that list to Voicemail. Re-enable it?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I was not clear if you long press on it then at the bottom hit delete (trash can) it says you cannot delete from read only accounts but you can hide them, I did now I cannot get it back. I have a standard razr on JB. thanks mike.

Sorry, But I am not experimenting with that one :)

Mike

OP
Data

Data

Reaction score
that's ok I don't want anyone to mess there phone, just thought someone would know how to do it. thanks Mike
Sorry, But I am not experimenting with that one :)

Mike

anony1

Reaction score
Solution

that's ok I don't want anyone to mess there phone, just thought someone would know how to do it. thanks Mike

Ok, man... here's the solution (sorry if it's too late): https://support.google.com/android/answer/1688405?hl=en
Let me quote it from Google: "To restore hidden contacts from a read-only account, you must delete that account from your phone and then add it again."

Certainly there could be another less invasive way, but it would probably involve root privileges and a deeper understanding of all the Contacts file system, which could even be vendor specific.
Anyway... I had this same problem, found this thread (without the solution) and then I found an answer and fixed it, so I'm reporting to anyone in the same situation.