app to hide contacts

theguy386

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good app to hide and unhide contacts? I searched in the market, but only came out with a couple of apps that didnt turn out to well

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is to call the contact and say "Hey, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you. So if you can, please take your name off that. Just have it as a number on the voicemail. You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. Bye."

bbtkd

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good app to hide and unhide contacts? I searched in the market, but only came out with a couple of apps that didnt turn out to well

Android 2.0.1 seemed to do a good job of it. Oh, you wanted to do it predictably?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Why not just password protect your phone?

There seem to be an awful lot of questions here about hiding who you are calling.

Wouldn't locking the phone in a way that prying eyes can't open it solve the problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is to call the contact and say "Hey, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you. So if you can, please take your name off that. Just have it as a number on the voicemail. You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. Bye."

I think you, sir, have nailed the answer to this question on the head.:)

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score

LMFAO!!!!!!

Why not just password protect your phone?

There seem to be an awful lot of questions here about hiding who you are calling.

Wouldn't locking the phone in a way that prying eyes can't open it solve the problem?

yeah, but when you get a girlfriend that likes playing on your phone and gets suspicious over why your phone is locked... its a different story

bbtkd

Reaction score
I know this is a stretch, but how about either have nothing to hide or get a girlfriend that isn't nosey?

TimChgo9

Reaction score
How about having a girlfriend who is nosy, and figures your business is hers, but hers isn't yours.

I would rather have a "hide contact" type app, the less people know, the fewer questions are asked.

Password protecting the phone, only leads to more questions... "Why does your phone have a password, and mine doesn't?" "What are you hiding?" Yeah, I can see the questions now.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Just give the ladies in your contact lists guys names that you can remember. For example: Sandy is Andy, Toni is Tony, etc.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
How about having a girlfriend who is nosy, and figures your business is hers, but hers isn't yours.

I would rather have a "hide contact" type app, the less people know, the fewer questions are asked.

Password protecting the phone, only leads to more questions... "Why does your phone have a password, and mine doesn't?" "What are you hiding?" Yeah, I can see the questions now.

Even though I think this is a relationship problem, not a Droid problem, there does seem to be a great demand for hiding what you are doing with the phone. Maybe make a post in the Droid Apps or Droid App Development section to let people know just how popular such an app would be. My guess is that it could be a paid app with a very high price tag, if the posts around here are any indication.

And I'm going to go throw up now. :icon_eek:

iPirate

Reaction score

Even though I think this is a relationship problem, not a Droid problem, there does seem to be a great demand for hiding what you are doing with the phone. Maybe make a post in the Droid Apps or Droid App Development section to let people know just how popular such an app would be. My guess is that it could be a paid app with a very high price tag, if the posts around here are any indication.

I'm already on it! Going to make millions!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well

well I see everyone is playing nice this morning :). A couple of things come to mind here! The first one is :icon_ worthless:

The second, why not be able to lock the contact with an icon that pops up like :censored: then when he/she asks. Tell them it's :censored: and it's not thier business . :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

:rofl3::rofl3: I take it this thread isn't your favorite :):)