"unfortunately samsung hub has stopped" message won't leave me alone!!

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
This issue has started to become more common for me. My Verizon gs4 is rooted on 4.4.2(used the geohot towelroot method if that matters) and I keep getting the message, unfortunately Samsung has stopped, or stopped working or whatever the message was.
I've tried clearing the app data and cache but still have the issue. I've even uninstalled the app with titanium backup but still no good, so I restored it.
Do I need this app? The message would pop up over and over again so quickly that the only way I could exit it would be to unplug my battery(since I can't get out of it)
Anybody know how I can solve this for good without factory resetting my phone?
It should also be noted that I had this issue occurring before I rooted on this firmware, but I'm not saying the root is causing the info.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Try pulling the battery for 10 minutes. Let us know if that resolves it.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Try pulling the battery for 10 minutes. Let us know if that resolves it.

Seems to have helped a bit. I'll get the message every now and then but its been more manageable, so far at least

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Seems to have helped a bit. I'll get the message every now and then but its been more manageable, so far at least

It's gotten worse again -__- clearing the cache and data and battery pull only seems to be a temporary solution

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Are there any other solutions to this? Has anyone ever heard of this issue? I did uninstall the app with titanium backup thinking it would solve the problem (why do I need Samsung hub anyway?) But I would still get the same message, so I restored the app). It pops up so frequently that I can barely use the phone when it does..

kbo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s4
TuBit- I'm suffering the same thing now- did you ever solve this problem?

ringding

Reaction score
Same issue. It stated when I deleted one of the Samsung apps, of course, don't remember which one. Then I kept getting this message, so I just deleted the hub app and it went away. But now I don't have screen rotation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
So yes I am still having this issue. Perhaps I should factory reset my phone, which I haven't done. I've noticed that this message only flashes whenever I am installing or uninstalling an app.