Unfortunately, Backup+ Media has stopped??

ATrain007

Reaction score
I can't trace it back to any particular update, but for about a month I have been prompted daily with the messages "Unfortunately, Backup+ Assistant has stopped" and "Unfortunately, Backup+ Media has stopped." The problem is..........I never set up these services! I have logged into VZ and verified that I have no contacts or media backed up online. VZ also prompts me to sign up for + (I'm not currently). So there is no good reason in my mind that my phone would be trying to use these services. I cannot uninstall either from my phone, so I'm at a loss what to do.

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
i get this all the time... i thought it was because im still on .232

Palmyra

Reaction score
SNIP -- I cannot uninstall either from my phone, so I'm at a loss what to do.

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Had the same problem here. To "fix it" I deleted/uninstalled all the updates to Backup+. Of course the App is still on the phone but whatever Verizon did to it in an update is going and so is the message.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem here. To "fix it" I deleted/uninstalled all the updates to Backup+. Of course the App is still on the phone but whatever Verizon did to it in an update is going and so is the message.

I disabled it in manage applications and it stopped

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
A

ATrain007

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. When I first noticed the error, I deleted the updates. Then my phone auto-updated and went back to its old games again, so I assumed all was lost. I just tried uninstalling updates once again, and THIS TIME the newest update requires me to do it manually. YAY! I can finally prevent the update from taking without disabling automatic updates. Problem solved. Thanks everyone, again.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
thanks for posting about this. Our Bionic was getting this error as well, never set up back up assistant or anything. Did the uninstall updates then disabled the app. so far so good going on about 10 hours