"Unfortunately, live wallpaper picker has stopped."

Sylphiz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT919
Hello. Some days ago I did a factory reset to my phone (Motorola XT919) and right now I'm having problems setting my live wallpapers. I'm running the default android for the phone which is 4.1.2 I haven't installed any live wallpapers so far and I'm wondering if there is a way to solve this problem. I've already tried cleaning the cache and rebooting. Nothing seems to work. (Sorry for my english)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you go to Settings > Apps > scroll over to All, is Live Wallpaper Picker disabled? If its not disabled you could try the Clear Cache button.

OP
S

Sylphiz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT919
When you go to Settings > Apps > scroll over to All, is Live Wallpaper Picker disabled? If its not disabled you could try the Clear Cache button.
The button to disable it is grayed out, and the Clear Cache button too.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So its not disabled then. Not sure why the Clear Cache button is greyed out. That does not sound normal. It sounds like something went wrong with the factory reset .

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you downloaded any live wallpapers or any wallpaper apps since the factory reset? I just read an older post on another forum that too many live wallpapers installed at once can maybe crash the wallpaper picker.

OP
S

Sylphiz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT919
Have you downloaded any live wallpapers or any wallpaper apps since the factory reset? I just read an older post on another forum that too many live wallpapers installed at once can maybe crash the wallpaper picker.
No, I haven't downloaded any of them so far. Maybe I should do a factory reset again?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would put the phone in safe mode first and see what happens. You should be able to find the instructions for safe mode with a simple Google search. Safe Mode stops all play store apps from running and will only run system apps.

OP
S

Sylphiz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT919
I would put the phone in safe mode first and see what happens. You should be able to find the instructions for safe mode with a simple Google search. Safe Mode stops all play store apps from running and will only run system apps.
I can't get it to boot in safe mode for some reason

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If it will not boot into safe mode, something is definitely wrong with your phone. I'm not sure what, but that's not normal. I hate to say it, but another factory reset may be the only option

OP
S

Sylphiz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT919
If it will not boot into safe mode, something is definitely wrong with your phone. I'm not sure what, but that's not normal. I hate to say it, but another factory reset may be the only option
I just did a factory reset, the live wallpaper picker works now, but I still can't boot the device in safe mode.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
At least you can pick a wallpaper now, that's good. Not sure why you can't get into safe mode. Maybe Motorola didn't build safe mode into that phone? I've never heard of that though.