undecided htc droid moto drod or lg ally?

freddroidhead

Reaction score
I actually have changed my mind also about the Ally after seeing that it does have lag and I'm sort of a gamer and want a phone with good sound and that can play games. Also I noticed the colors on the screen of the Ally are not as good as the Droid and by going to Amazon.com you can buy a Droid for only $20 plus a $35 activation fee which I may be able to get waived if I call in to Verizon before the 1st bill is due. So for around $55 total I can get a much better phone and maybe be a little more content. I would like to get the incredible but the price is high.

ctxx24

Reaction score
I actually have changed my mind also about the Ally after seeing that it does have lag and I'm sort of a gamer and want a phone with good sound and that can play games. Also I noticed the colors on the screen of the Ally are not as good as the Droid and by going to Amazon.com you can buy a Droid for only $20 plus a $35 activation fee which I may be able to get waived if I call in to Verizon before the 1st bill is due. So for around $55 total I can get a much better phone and maybe be a little more content. I would like to get the incredible but the price is high.

I had 2 droids both had lag ended with the inc. never turn back luv it

freddroidhead

Reaction score
I already had a Droid that's why I joined this forum back in December. I bought a brand new one from ebay and activated it on pageplus prepaid but I didn't have unlimited data so I didn't get to enjoy it to much accept for when I was at home on my wifi connection. I liked it back then. I wish I could get the Incredible but the price is a little steep. I sold my Droid on craigslist in February and have missed it since then. If I'm going to be put in a contract I want the most for my money and for $55 from amazon the droid is a great deal right now. Better than $99 for an ally which will not perform as well.

freddroidhead

Reaction score
I think I may get the Ally now after all. Some of you guys information about it is wrong. It actually comes with flash support already. It comes with the lite version of flash player. I'm going to try it out for a month and then decide.

Mule65

Reaction score
Well for anyone that cares here is an official review of the Ally from Engadget:

LG Ally review -- Engadget

Well, that review sucks. I just canceled my Ally pre-order.

Update: Verizon never responded to my cancel request so my LG was shipped this morning. At this point I might as well give it a fighting 30 day chance. Expectations are low but maybe reviews were too harsh days after the Inc release. LG battery life is encouraging. We're road trippin this weekend so that will be a good test.

freddroidhead

Reaction score
I wound up just getting another Moto Droid since I could get it for $20 from Amazon and bought a Seidio skin cover for it. I recieved it Tuesday the 25th via UPS which I prefer over FedEx delivery that Verizon uses. So far I'm happy with it. It seems to be better than the first Droid I had back in December. This one was made only about a month ago going by the build date. I'm going to bite the bullet and attempt to fulfill my contract. Maybe I'll get the Droid Shadow as an upgrade from VZ if I can afford it around Christmas. I think the price of these things goes down after 6 or 7 months.