Unbelievable Battery Life!

Izord

Reaction score
This phone has crazy good battery life! I haven't been plugged in since Yesterday at 4am, and I'm still going, in the yellow.

I'm ecstatic over how much better battery life this phone has than the EVO, the MT3G and the G1. I've done nothing special, just running on 'Smart' battery mode.

No third party managers at all.

Good, Great, Fantastic, battery life. I am pleased. :icon_ banana:

Yourrid

Reaction score
I'm in Smart Mode too, but mine doesnt last longer than 8 hours of medium/heavy usage.

Any tips? I use the Advance Task Manager 24/7 to kill apps as soon as I exit from them, but my batter still gets drained quick.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
I'm in Smart Mode too, but mine doesnt last longer than 8 hours of medium/heavy usage.

Any tips? I use the Advance Task Manager 24/7 to kill apps as soon as I exit from them, but my batter still gets drained quick.

Using "Advance Task Manager" might be your problem. Android is a *NIX-based operating system; it manages background processes, memory, etc., all on its own. Try going a while without using a 3rd party task manager/killer and see how your battery life fairs.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The android operating system is nothing like Windows/Palm/RIM/Etc. Android loads apps in memory so they will be immediately available when you need them. Let me stress, these apps are not "running" in the sense that programs run when started in Windows. They are simply sitting in memory. You don't have to worry about them, as they do no harm just staying in memory until needed. If android needs additional memory, it will remove whatever needs to be removed in order to have the amount of memory it requires. Forget about watching how much free memory you have because it changes as the operating systems needs change. Delete any task killer the idiot Verizon reps convinced you to install, or that they installed. Killed apps will, in most cases, be put right back in memory by android.

whieb

Reaction score
Keep your brightness at 0% unless you are outside, that is the biggest power hog i have seen, also don't have on gps if u are not using it

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Keep your brightness at 0% unless you are outside, that is the biggest power hog i have seen, also don't have on gps if u are not using it

Having GPS "enabled" will not result in a noticeable battery drain, unless an application is actually using GPS-related services, in which case a satellite-based icon would appear in the notification bar.

OP
I

Izord

Reaction score
I have my screen brighness on 'Auto' and my timeout on 1 minute.

Besides that nothing special. I even play a little 'Radiant' the space invaders-like game when I'm on the can.

This thing has killer battery life. no sh*t

I just plugged in, and it was still going after about 38 hours.

I'm rooted, and I just renamed a couple of the bloatwares like city id or whatever it's called.

tiwags

Reaction score
Good to know. I will try the "smart battery mode" and see how it goes Hearing so many stories of short battery life and x-charges daily worries me...but I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Kandiru

Reaction score
I am also having increasing batt life as i move on.

Correct, ATM even killed my Protector and Mobile Defense softwares, out it went.

deranger

Reaction score
Lots of good information in this thread. Do NOT use task killers to auto-kill apps, all you're doing is forcing the OS to keep recaching the applications into memory, thus shortening the battery life. I still have one to kill buggy apps that won't terminate properly, but that only happens a few times a week at most.

Battery life is great on this phone so long as you don't have a bunch of auto-updating widgets syncing all the time. Sync over WiFi Only seemed to help too.

avt123

Reaction score
I run on performance mode and my device easily lasts over a day. Took my phone off the charger at 10am yesterday, and put it back on the charger at 2am this morning. I had 70% battery left before I went to put it on the charger. No I'm not joking, and if you don't believe me, that's not my problem. :)

tiwags

Reaction score
Lots of good information in this thread. Do NOT use task killers to auto-kill apps, all you're doing is forcing the OS to keep recaching the applications into memory, thus shortening the battery life. I still have one to kill buggy apps that won't terminate properly, but that only happens a few times a week at most.

Battery life is great on this phone so long as you don't have a bunch of auto-updating widgets syncing all the time. Sync over WiFi Only seemed to help too.

Thank you for the tips :) cannot wait to actually have mine in my hands!!