Unauthorized Remote Access to Motorola Droid

bobbybrown

Reaction score
Someone has gained unauthorized remote access to my Motorola Droid. I'm having difficulty finding information on this over the internet and through Verizon representatives.

The person is capable anything using the touchscreen, but not necessarily any hardware buttons, including:
-scrolling
-zooming
-clicking links
-browsing forward and backward
-opening any application on the homescreen

It is a person manipulating the device because the actions had meaning:
-accessing the same personal message
-zooming in on the same exact phrase three times
-repeatedly clicking the cancel button when I tried to shut the phone down

I have installed a number of applications, but none specifically designed for remote access.

Verizon first insisted my problem was impossible and that it must be a calibration issue. they walked my through a system reset to re-calibrate.

My concern is that someone could access my banking/personal information without my knowledge. It is likely access was gained through a third-party application, but I would like to make sure.

1 Has anyone experienced anything like this on Moto droid?
2 Can anyone help me determine the cause?
3 Can anyone recommend preventative security measures such as anti-virus, etc.?

Thank you!

Game4set

Reaction score
To me it just sounds like your phone's touch screen went haywire and I've had this problem a few times. A simple restart and cleaning of the screen usually fixed it for me but if you're still convinced that somebody was hacking your phone then stay put and see what other members have to say.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I'd have to agree to agree with Game4Set, but it is possible for someone to access your phone with something like:
FlexiSPY Android Spy GPS location, intercept SMS, Email, Listen, Call Log, Spy Call and Phone Tap Spyphone Software

If you really think someone has access, and you can't find any evidence of software installed allowing this, then wipe your phone back to factory. That would remove all installed software.

I think their have been similar reports in the past when 3rd party chargers are being used, but if this happens off the charger then it doesn't apply.

lockman

Reaction score
When does this happen? Plugged in/ charging? If so, is the charger for the Droid, or another phone?

astronaut

Reaction score
Are you using a non-standard charger? I have heard reports several times of unusual behavior when using chargers bought off auction sites (droid sending text messages on its own, etc.).

OP
B

bobbybrown

Reaction score
Thanks for advice.

I only use the charger provided with the phone. Every time this has happened has been after the phone being on charger, but it starts when I remove the plug.

I don't want to rule out the possibility but I'm 90% sure it was a person controlling. I played tug-of-war with the browser, home screen, and shut down screen. It kept returning to the same area of a webpage even when I used the back button and went to home screen.

MsterKush

Reaction score
Cheating??

Does your wife/girlfriend have access to your phone? They may have installed a spy program. A bad app could cause haywire.

dancedroidpeanut butter jelly timedancedroid

pyro6128

Reaction score
I say flash sbf to make sure whatever may or may not be on there is good and gone. Why chance it.

sic0048

Reaction score
I say it is just weird behavior with the phone. Any program that took control of the phone to gain information would do so behind the scenes and wouldn't actually control the screen. You also said it occurs in a similar situation every time. This is an issue with the phone - you haven't been hacked.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
My Grandfather Jones gave me several tid bits of advice and one of my rather favorites is, "If you don't tell people your business they won't know your business." That said outloud, semi-explains that I am a private person and the thought of someone want to feel you out in the manner you have suggested is an invasive feeling. I would not agree you are being hacked because once I unloaded applications I thought I valued....my similar issues disappeared. I would never handle my banking on a device that would/could be lost. Also, I am a stickler for honesty too and trust is important. Hope you figure your problem out.

BuckeyeHD

Reaction score
I am only aware of one "My Mobiler" type App for the Droid. AFAIK it only works on rooted phones.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Return your phon and go back into the bunker, then secure aluminum foil securely around your head to prevent those same people from controlling you...

Meh.