Unauthorized Remote Access to Motorola Droid

roberts777

Reaction score
Someone Remotely Using My Droid

I have diagnosed and fixed computers for over 20 years. Someone has definitely gotten into my Droid. They launch Camera, I close it, they launch it. They launch my phone. They launch my Settings and move around setting and unsetting check boxes. If I lock the phone or turn it off, then they can't do anything. They try to stop me from shutting down or locking the phone. I can see them trying to get in by trying to unlock the bar. Finally they go away. This morning I cam under attack, and I finally just locked the phone. I cam back, used it all afternoon, then around 5pm, they got back in. I thought I had this phone locked down, but something is seriously wrong. The security has been breached.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have diagnosed and fixed computers for over 20 years. Someone has definitely gotten into my Droid. They launch Camera, I close it, they launch it. They launch my phone. They launch my Settings and move around setting and unsetting check boxes. If I lock the phone or turn it off, then they can't do anything. They try to stop me from shutting down or locking the phone. I can see them trying to get in by trying to unlock the bar. Finally they go away. This morning I cam under attack, and I finally just locked the phone. I cam back, used it all afternoon, then around 5pm, they got back in. I thought I had this phone locked down, but something is seriously wrong. The security has been breached.
Factory reset your device... See if the problem still exists...

if that fails I'd try an .sbf flash

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for advice.

I only use the charger provided with the phone. Every time this has happened has been after the phone being on charger, but it starts when I remove the plug.

Big clue here!!!

Do two things:

1. Get a different usb cord - the one you are using has gone bad/has a short/etc.

2. Do a Factory Hard Reset (just in case).

Good luck.

Backscatter

Reaction score
Go Wire-LESS

Have you tried turning off all communications? Go into airplane mode. If the phone keeps doing it when it can't communicate with the outside world then its not someone controlling your phone remotely.

Good luck.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Backscatter: :welcome: However IMHO, this whole thread is only for trolls, or those who do not recognize a hardware failure when they see it . . .

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Beg to differ. Applications cause a lot of unexplained issues or updates would not roll out on them constantly to make them better, fix holes, or so forth. Asking for help is not a bad thing.......giving a suggestion is not a bad thing. As long as people communicate and share issues they see or can give advice then its better than being alone and wondering....

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I didn't know being in the IT field automagically makes you an expert on smartphones.

This thread was quite the laugh.