Unable to Uninstall Widget

craigtaz

Reaction score
I have the original Motorola Droid.

I installed a widget called Bluetooth Toggle. The app never worked well and always forced itself closed, so I uninstalled it with my Uninstall app.

Uninstall did not completely delete all of Bluetooth Toggle, as I still get a force close error message every time I power up my phone.

How can I completely get rid of this stupid widget?

Craig

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Are you saying you're using an Uninstaller app from the market? Because if so, maybe you should do it the old fashioned way by going through this process on your phone:

menu -> settings -> applications -> find the app, select it, and then hit the uninstall button there.

good luck

OP
C

craigtaz

Reaction score
Just goes to show you how stupid some people can be. I never knew there was a manual way to uninstall app's, which is why I downloaded the uninstall app.

I uninstalled the bluetooth widget according to your instructions and whoala! All traces of the lingering widget are gone!

Thanks!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Good job! May as well get rid of the unsinatll app as well, now.

draculam3k

Reaction score
Are you saying you're using an Uninstaller app from the market? Because if so, maybe you should do it the old fashioned way by going through this process on your phone:

menu -> settings -> applications -> find the app, select it, and then hit the uninstall button there.

good luck

i have the same issue, i am doing it the old fashioned way and i get a message saying unable to uninstall and its a widget i got from the marketplace.
and it wont go away or get removed....aaarrrggg

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hmm, odd. Maybe make sure the widget is not active on your homescreen? Then go to menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications select the "downloaded" tab at the top and try it from there.

good luck