Unable to sync desire

mountaindani

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is a topic that has been done to death, but I have done searches in this forum and haven't been able to find a thread on this.
I am trying to sync my htc desire with my outlook calender and after trying different things that have been suggested in other forums I am asking for help here. I have tried uninstalling the htc sync, and reinstalling, moving the htc folder into the system 32 folder, I am using the correct cord that came with the phone, it works to charge it, I tried different usb ports, who knows what else I've tried... lol
Anyways the last thing I tried was turned off everything in the start up menu and the service tab in msconfig after ticking the 'hide all microsoft services' box. Then I uninstalled HTC Sync and ininstalled and it came up with 'Device driver software was unsuccessful, everything has a green tick by it, but ADB, which has a big red x by device unplugged.
Any suggestions and help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks from Dani

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Your red X by ADB indicates to me that your phone can not communicate with your computer. ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is the program that issues instructions to the phone from your computer. I have a Droid 2 but ADB should work the same on both of the phones.

On Droid 2 you must have your phone in "PCMode" in order to use ADB. When I plug my phone to computer, the phone has a USB connections notification come up in the notification bar. Drag it down, and hit USB then choose PC mode and wait a few seconds for the phone and computer to talk to each other. Then you should have no proplem. I am assuming you have this option on the Desire.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
M

mountaindani

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! That did it!! My calender is synced now.
dancedroid