Unable to receive calls. Droid flashed to cricKet (BBv0.5) Please help.

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
I will. If I recall correctly the member that posted it called VZW customer service and they stepped him through it. You can always call VZW and ask them.

Dont have Verizon. :\

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:
Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Username [email protected]
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Verify that this took when you tried it the first time.

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:
Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Username [email protected]
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Verify that this took when you tried it the first time.

Yeah, thats just to get Web and MMS to work. Those work for me. Just not able to receive calls. Thanks though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm stumped. The best I can suggest is you start over again with a different number than you used in these steps:

Go to NAM and enter MIN ex. 615-555-5593 (usually different from your actual phone# and MDN(your mobile number ex. 615-555-5551 and click write.

Goto “Memory” tab and click write under NV items, find the downloaded NV items you got from here
for example you must generate the NV items by inputing your MDN([email protected]). box opens telling you to save them as .txt and select them with cdma 2.7. (Thanks again to insanecain)

It should then say, 12 NV items were successfully written to phone.

Good luck!

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
I figured out why I was unable to receive calls from anyone.

Although the MIN and MDN numbers were correct, the phone had an incorrect CDMA Sys ID programmed in. I got this number from cricket customer service. Had customer service refresh the phone. Then I went into the phones programming by dialing ##PROGRAM and hitting send. Entered in 000000 for the SPC Password. Then in the first selection 01 User Activation entered in the correct CDMA Sys ID and hit done. Closed out of the programming menus. The phone automatically rebooted. Once rebooted I called *228 to refresh the program. I can now receive calls :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow that was exciting! Glad you figured it out.

Mike

guiller73

Reaction score
I figured out why I was unable to receive calls from anyone.

Although the MIN and MDN numbers were correct, the phone had an incorrect CDMA Sys ID programmed in. I got this number from cricket customer service. Had customer service refresh the phone. Then I went into the phones programming by dialing ##PROGRAM and hitting send. Entered in 000000 for the SPC Password. Then in the first selection 01 User Activation entered in the correct CDMA Sys ID and hit done. Closed out of the programming menus. The phone automatically rebooted. Once rebooted I called *228 to refresh the program. I can now receive calls :)

Hello there... I'm being trying to activate data on droid x, I found your guide in several forums and well I made some changes but I can't use data on this. I'm in Mexico and here there aren't OTA prl and you can go to the phone company asking to change your phone, they just add ESN and *228 but prl and data services can't be programed if they don sell you the phone, however you can do it. I've seeing some guide for droid eris in mexico and everything work perfect but those menus available with ##program are not for droid x so my situation was that I used a cdma workshop in order to check if prl was correct and update it but since this I can't make phone calls and I don't have a backup so please light my way, I can't found anything about this :(

Here's the droid eris guide, is on Spanish but easy to understand for you Android Droid Eris en Iusacell con 3G EVDO | Escéptico.org

Regards

goochbuntu

Reaction score
droid x cricket

okay i had this problem with my phone flashed to cricket. but here i go with trying to help the best i can with your issue.

okay go here and download http://cricketflash.co.cc this is the site i put together i have a ultimate prl zip folder with a lot of prls this is important because if you get the write one you dont need the proxies.. okay then you go to

How to flash Motorola Droid X running Android 2.2 Froyo to cricKet - MyRootedAndroid

skip past the rooting part if you want to root your phone just use z4root.
its a app you can get on the web Download z4root.1.3.0.apk

once rooted its not really needed i did it without a rooted phone. i didnt back up since i can use a spf file to recover my phone. so i skipped passed backing up its yoru phone you choose what you do with YOUR PHONE...

You will need the following files:
CDMA WS 2.7 (google for a download)
Download and install QPST (google for a download)
Harware Virtural Serial Port this is the demo good for 14days

NV items from Android - whiterabbit.org (you must generate this uniquely for your phone, go to the link enter [email protected] replace x's with your 10 digit phone number, make sure 2.7 is selected and download the file)
Call cricKet customer service or go to one of the stores, you will need an android plan ($55), they will enter your phones MEID into the system. Tell them you need your MIN, MDN and CDMA Sys ID numbers.

once you have the nv item saved
How to flash Motorola Droid X running Android 2.2 Froyo to cricKet - MyRootedAndroid
on this link above look for the stuff i copied and pasted since thats the only important info you need and the extra steps i didnt find useful

start at step 4 and continue down the page until step 23

after you do this dont do the apn this will make your phone do proxies and this did not work for me i had the 55 dollar plan i dont need proxies

then press ##program send on your phone dailer and spc 000000

then go to 01 user activation make sure your system id is what cricket gave you

and you should back out and the phone will reboot and everythign will work correctly

please keep in mind that this is how i did my droid x and im not responisble for what you do with your stuff.

if you need me to expand on this ill make a stright setup of how i did my phone and upload all the files to http://cricketflash.co.cc also a complete guide of how i did my phone with everything working

should see it up in a few days by the way the android.rar file is useless i didnt need it and i was kicked out of the how to flash website because i needed to get 10 posts to download it dont worry ill put everything you need on my site so you dont have to waste yoru time like i did.