unable to do a hard reset

brandong

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me with this and i don't have to take my phone to Verizon. I have a Motorola Droid and I got a software update to 2.2. I downloaded and installed Easy Root and then SetCPU. Everything was going fine until I went to look at my pictures and my Gallery is gone. If I recieve a picture in a picture message and try to save it I get an error and I have to force close messaging. If I take a picture it shows that it saved it in the corner but no matter what I can't view it.

I've tried running a soft reset but that doesn't work. I get a little error message but my phone restarts. I've tried doing a hard reset but no luck. I've tried holding down X+Power button honestly about 50 times and all it does is show the white motorola symbol for about a minute then a black screen then the white motorola symbol again and keeps doing that. I never get the yellow triangle with the exlamation point.

*Short verson--Rooted 2.2 on droid. Unable to view pics. Unable to do a hard or soft reset.

I hope there is a way to reset it without taking it to verizon.

TIA-
BrandonG

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Not to lecture but easyroot is junk. You are rooted and if verizon sees that they won't help you. Head on down to the DF lab and there are a couple threads that can get you straight. If you have a pc you are going to be fine. Read the how to use RSD thread and then you can flash an sbf to get a working recovery then you can flash a new rom or go back to stock.

OP
B

brandong

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks jstafford1. I figured there was a way to do it using a computer but I used google and yahoo for a good 2 hours and couldn't find anything about it.

OP
B

brandong

Reaction score
KK...I just followed all the instructions as far as I could. I installed and ran RSD Lite and downloaded the proper SBF file and saved it. RSD reconises my phone and I click on the 3 dots and select my SBF file. But I can't click start. Start still isn't highlighted. I've restarted many times thinking I didn't do something right but I keep having the same result. What am I doing wrong? I've followed instructions perfectly step by step