Unable to detect 3G network

kaylessa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a droid 2 global online . It stated its unlocked but i am unable to detect 3G network. 2G network i am able to. I am able to use GPRS data.

I wonder if u guys here can assist me? I have a feeling my radio frequency is locked by Verizon to 2G frequency ONLY.

I am currently residing in Singapore. The 3G frequency used is Singapore 900 1800 3G 2100.

I am desperate for help. GPRS is too slow.

technoir

Reaction score
My friend had a similar problem in Thailand (US-client/ US-purchased Droid2Global) and after free-calling technical support (via country-specific 1800-type of tel numbers) he was told that he wouldn't be able to use it in Bangkok because the frequency is set aside for military use.

It did work for me in Mexico City, Spain and Singapore, however it took at pseudo-free technical support call (I got my $ back after billing) and the solution was:

SETTINGS / DATA MANAGER / DATA DELIVERY / MAKE SURE ALL 3 TOP ITEMS ARE CHECKMARKED, INCLUDING DATA ROAMING.

I hope that helps.

MOD Edit:Twitter links not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

kaylessa

Reaction score
Ah. i SBF it and got it working. Thanks to droidforums!

Calfonse Cirge

Reaction score
Regarding the Droid 2 Global

I'm sorry to disturb you, but I'm really curious about the price of the droid 2 global. I've done a lot of researched, and on Verizon websites it said it was 500 without a contract and 200 with it.. I was wondering, did you get the device with or without the contract? If you did not order it from Verizon, may i please have the link, and also the price of the device? Your reply would be much, much appreciated. My thanks in advance.