"Unable to activate phone"

Warglock

Reaction score
Evening folks,

Here's my problem. I did a clean install of SD 4.5 and am unable to activate my phone. I called a Verizon rep via an alternate line and was unable to reactivate it with the information I was able to give her(MEID & MSN #'s). She recommended that I head to my nearest Verizon store to talk to one of the reps there.

Could I have messed up my radio? I have complete functionality of my phone except having a data connection through the network, so no calls and no texts as long as I am on my home wifi network. I followed Chevy's guide to a clean install on his guide to installing SD 4.5.

Has anyone had a similar experience that can shed some light on my situation?

OP
Warglock

Warglock

Reaction score
UPDATE: It seems this problem is more common that I would think. After my time on the phone with a Verizon rep, I was a bit panicked, thinking I have broken my radio. But after walking into my local Verizon store, the rep asked me a few simple questions, looked up some numbers on his kiosk, dialed #228 and pressed some additional numbers and bam! All fixed. He said it had something to do with a number that was needed by the network to connect to the towers and it is sometimes erased when doing factory resets if you are out of range or in a black out zone. Either way, all is well and working.

So if anyone else is having problems in the future, just flash back to stock and visit the stores. In all the time I've spent in a Verizon store, which is WAY too much, this was the shortest visit I've ever had. Not more than 5 minutes.

ashik754

Reaction score
My daughter did the same. She pressed the "Factory Reset Data" and now I have got similar problem like you. Unable to call/text/use internet. I am from Bangladesh and there is no Motorola service center in here. Actually I bought it from China. I could change the OS language from Chinese to English, but unable to fix the SIM card error problem. Can you please tell me the codes that were used by the service center rep? Do you have any idea?
Please help me. Thanks.

UPDATE: It seems this problem is more common that I would think. After my time on the phone with a Verizon rep, I was a bit panicked, thinking I have broken my radio. But after walking into my local Verizon store, the rep asked me a few simple questions, looked up some numbers on his kiosk, dialed #228 and pressed some additional numbers and bam! All fixed. He said it had something to do with a number that was needed by the network to connect to the towers and it is sometimes erased when doing factory resets if you are out of range or in a black out zone. Either way, all is well and working.

So if anyone else is having problems in the future, just flash back to stock and visit the stores. In all the time I've spent in a Verizon store, which is WAY too much, this was the shortest visit I've ever had. Not more than 5 minutes.

OP
Warglock

Warglock

Reaction score
My daughter did the same. She pressed the "Factory Reset Data" and now I have got similar problem like you. Unable to call/text/use internet. I am from Bangladesh and there is no Motorola service center in here. Actually I bought it from China. I could change the OS language from Chinese to English, but unable to fix the SIM card error problem. Can you please tell me the codes that were used by the service center rep? Do you have any idea?
Please help me. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the rep did not tell me the codes for future edification.. Sorry.