Unable to Access Phone...

Nicas

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S3 Mini
So I was about to do a lot of typing on my phone tonight, and so I installed the Wifi Keyboard app in google play store. (WiFi Keyboard - Android Apps on Google Play). So I changed the input method to wifi keyboard after the thing installed. Unfortunately, due to my stupidity I closed my phone out of reflex to do something on my laptop,and now I can't access it since I can't type my passcode in(the keyboard won't show up anymore due to the change input method.) I tried accessing the websites that the app provided but couldn't get through, so am wondering what to do now..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You can't use your keyboard at all on your phone? Even with other keyboards installed, you should still be be able to use the basic google keyboard.

Try long pressing in an input box and see what happens.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try booting your phone in Safe Mode and see if that helps.

Hold the power button until you see the power off menu, long press on Power off. You should see a Reboot to Safe Mode option. Say OK.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I was about to do a lot of typing on my phone tonight, and so I installed the Wifi Keyboard app in google play store. (WiFi Keyboard - Android Apps on Google Play). So I changed the input method to wifi keyboard after the thing installed. Unfortunately, due to my stupidity I closed my phone out of reflex to do something on my laptop,and now I can't access it since I can't type my passcode in(the keyboard won't show up anymore due to the change input method.) I tried accessing the websites that the app provided but couldn't get through, so am wondering what to do now..
Does your phone not have ability to switch keyboards?
My Note4 shows an icon of the keyboard on the lock screen and when I tap it all available keyboards show up and I tap the one I want to use. On my phone the icon to access the keyboards is on the upper right side.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><