ultra keyboard not doing what I tell it

lfloyd87

Reaction score
Ok I just downloaded the ultra keyboard and am having problems. Help! I guess I'll basically describe what I want and then ask why I'm not getting it.

I want it to suggest words but not accept the suggestion unless I click on the suggestion. However, I do want it to fix abbreviated words that are always going to have an apostrophe. For example, when I type "dont," I want it to always immediately, automatically correct it with the word "don't" since there's never, ever going to be a time when I want to use the word dont without the apostrophe. I can understand why it wouldn't correct (were/we're) because there are times when you use the apostrophe and times when you don't. There's no reason for a keyboard to ever allow you to type the word dont without an apostrophe. This is pissing me off.

It seems like there's two places to customize your keyboard (this is stupid). Under "ultra keyboard settings" and under "multi-touch keyboard settings." This is dumb. Ultra keyboard settings should override any other setting controls.

So basically right now, I have it where it's suggesting words but not automatically replacing them. This is good! However, under "ultra keyboard settings/replacements/enable, it doesn't matter whether that box is checked or not (replace abbreviations and other words). Whether it's checked or not, doesn't change the outcome of whether or not it uses the words I create in my "edit replacements" section nor does it have any effect on fixing abbreviations. Why is that check box not working!? This is frustrating!

Also, on the iphone, I loved the feature where the spell check would underline the word in red, just like Microsoft word on a laptop does. That's been a spell check feature everywhere since the dawn of time but of course I can't figure it out on this stupid, over-complicated droid! Boooooo.