2eumo1e.jpg

2ew1ta9.jpg
10wmrk1.jpg

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It would be better if the people voting in the poll actually used the latest versions of each to get a better feel of which one is best. If someone says they won't use a ROM because of past experience taints the results. This poll is too biased.

I have used the lastest of the ones I mentioned..

gwhiz377

Reaction score
UD eXtreme 2.5.0 with calebv and rotordroid's Droid X theme. Haven't tried out the newest BB, but have tried out many ROMs in the past and always end up going back to UD.

For the person that said UD got way too hot...that was a problem a long time ago that has been fixed. My phone has never ran cooler than it is right now with Chevy's ultra low 1.1ghz kernel.

terra-

Reaction score
I have used numerous different ROMs but always find myself loading up UD. UD have always proved to be the most stable, for me anyways. Just a few things I like In 2.5.0...the custom scripts are integrated into Settings. Love the Reboot/ Reboot into Recovery options by holding the pwr button. High and consistent quadrant scores.

BeADroid

Reaction score
I must go with UD 2.5, I did try out the latest BB and I liked it. But I just can not give up the UD settings. it is a great feature to have, I like most droid owners want to control all that I can on my droid, and that is one of the easiest ways to do it. I agree with the OP these are the two best ROMS out, I was amazed at how fast both these guys got there ROMS out, within days of the source release, and I can not waot to see what comes next.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is like the Age Old Argument of Coke V/S Pepsi, or better yet the Dassler Brothers and Adidas V/S Puma, all around we have two great products, with different opinions within their Respected Communitys

Mabye I will Mix the Two and call it Ultimate Altered Beast™

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BB has a lot of fans here obviously, and I have tried a few of the BB ROMs and was pretty impressed. However, I have never been more pleased with the overall performance, speed, and extras in a ROM more than BD's work. Thus the reason why I only theme for UD for the moment...

esant

Reaction score
I always ran UD until recently which I figured I'd give Bugless Beast a try. Love it! I'd never go back to UD. Bugless Beast runs much better on my phone than UD did.

White Rat

Reaction score
When I first rooted my droid I found myself constantly switching between different roms, as none of them ever seemed to bring exactly what I was looking for to the table.

Then I stumbled upon BD's Ultimate Droid and haven't changed roms since. Like others have said, I love the extra settings menu and the ability to tweat a number of things easily. It also runs without a single hiccup for me.

That being said, I think Jrummy's Kangerade deserves a spot in this argument. It has been picking up a lot of fans and is an extremely well put together rom. Love the themes. If Jrummy ever included the settings tweaks and the reboot options in the power menu, I'd seriously give his roms a thought.

Cornholieo

Reaction score
It would have been nice to have more choices

I had been running BB .4, then switched to UD, and now running Sapphire and am liking this one the best. Ask me in a month and who knows.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
First off, sorry mods. I just realized there was a "poll" forum. If you deem it necessary, please move this thread.

Secondly, thanks to everyone for your earnest replies. I understand why certain people might have a bias towards BB, but I am glad to see that many can look past that and judge these ROMs solely based on the work that went into them.

Lastly, I haven't voted in this poll. I have yet to use both ROMs and intend to try UD for a few days here soon. This is by no means a scientific poll. I made it as fair as I could.

Thanks and keep sharing your opinions. That is what counts!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sapphire 0.70

Nedaroth

Reaction score
UD roms are excellent as is BB roms it just comes down to what features you perfer, All the rom developers are putting out nice work.:)