Ubuntu on Android

zxd9

Reaction score
This could have some real possibilities. I'm keeping an eye on this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Yeah... This actually seems like a Game Changer.

It will be interesting when phones get powerfull enough to handle writing/testing/building apps directly on themselves.

alboboy10

Reaction score
What exactly is good about this? Its basically like the web dock for Motorola phones isn't it

tgbrowning

Reaction score
Not only that, but Ubuntu has one of a dedicated following and support. AND it's FREE.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
I know what Ubuntu is but this basically just transfers files from your phone to your laptop in an easier way?

sr.torres22

Reaction score
So, sorry to ask. All of this sounds fun and all but, is it compatible with the Bionic? Do i need to buy the dock as well?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Have the same question.. does anyone have any information on someone who is actually using Ubuntu on a Bionic? Would be great to understand how well it performs etc. Definitely has huge potential with some of the monster quad-core smartphones rumored to be on the horizon! Will definitely keep an ear to the ground here. I looked at the Ubuntu for Android site, they do a marginal job or articulating the real value, will be nice to see more. Can see how corporations could find it attractive, we'll see!

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Have the same question.. does anyone have any information on someone who is actually using Ubuntu on a Bionic? Would be great to understand how well it performs etc. Definitely has huge potential with some of the monster quad-core smartphones rumored to be on the horizon! Will definitely keep an ear to the ground here. I looked at the Ubuntu for Android site, they do a marginal job or articulating the real value, will be nice to see more. Can see how corporations could find it attractive, we'll see!

+1