Ubunto?

dbst

Reaction score
If you mean Ubuntu I use it occasionally but I prefer Windows 7 over it

OP
elvyrorie

elvyrorie

Reaction score
yeah I meant, ubuntu. not real sure what happened there. I have vista on my computer, i hate it. Its slow and laggy, and terrible. I don't want to fork out the hundred something bucks for windows 7, so I'm left with ubuntu? Or is there something better thats free?

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I've been running ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop for months now. So much smoother but it does make phone hacking a pain.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

CursedArmand

Reaction score
I run XP on my desktop and Ubuntu on the laptop. My girlfriend even uses Ubuntu and she's computer illiterate. It's easy to use, boots hella fast, and hardly ever crashes. If you can let go of that MS crutch then you're good. Also Android SDK works fine on Linux

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I should probably note that I'm using an old laptop and I can't get the sdk working so I have to use terminal.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been running ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop for months now. So much smoother but it does make phone hacking a pain.

im confused with this comment... it should make phone hacking ALOT easier using linux instead of windows... at least this is my case. i do all my android customization and theming using debian.

to the OP's question Ubuntu is nice for the beginner that really doesn't know Linux at all. I dont really care for it as its too bloated with extra crap. After the install i spend hours removing the extra crap they package with it. I prefer a Debian base install with no GUI or anything then i can install exactly what i want.

Last edited:

Sniper_5

Reaction score

im confused with this comment... it should make phone hacking ALOT easier using linux instead of windows... at least this is my case. i do all my android customization and theming using debian.

to the OP's question Ubuntu is nice for the beginner that really doesn't know Linux at all. I dont really care for it as its too bloated with extra crap. After the install i spend hours removing the extra crap they package with it. I prefer a Debian base install with no GUI or anything then i can install exactly what i want.
I'm on an old laptop that is sluggish. Android sdk and eclipse don't run properly so I have to use a less intensive program ( terminal) and SBF_ FLASH to do my work.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
yeah I meant, ubuntu. not real sure what happened there. I have vista on my computer, i hate it. Its slow and laggy, and terrible. I don't want to fork out the hundred something bucks for windows 7, so I'm left with ubuntu? Or is there something better thats free?
openSuse is a good easy distro , Slackware based, then Fedora or Debin , steeper learning curve on them.

Reaction score
Ubuntu is a nice distro, works well on a hp mini 10. You could consider the laptop edition as well, simpler ui. I believe the laptop edition is call ubuntu remix.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"

brentforrent

Reaction score
I was using Mint for the past few months. It's Ubuntu based and very similar. I loved it. Almost a perfect os. I just switched to UbuntuStudio 9.10 to see if the real time kernel lives up to the hype. I use my computer for recording music. I like it alot so far. Although there was no driver in it for my wireless adapter, and that was a huge pain. Fixed it, but compatibility is the biggest problem with Linux. There's always a workaround though. If you like to fiddle with your computer and learn alot along the way it's awesome. If not stick with Windows or, better yet, osX. At least that's my 2 pennies.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
elvyrorie

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Well it appears that lots of you like it so cool. I've got it loaded cause vista is crappy. I'm running both on my laptop right now. And yes I'm a linux beginner, but I'm good at tinkering with stuff and i never use stuff as intended. Lol. Well thanks guys

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App