typical battery life on razr maxx?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't have a maxx I have the OG Razr. I go from 630AM to 1130 PM and have about 55-60% of my battery left at the end of the day. You certainly should be doing better. Here are a few suggestions to improve time between charges:
-Turn your display down to about 20%. If out doors you can always turn it up. Your display is normally the biggest use of battery.
-Run on 3g (CDMA only) when you aren't downloading files or browsing the web...then use WiFi or 4g. 4g is a battery hog (on any phone). By the way, YouTube and apps like that stream music and video just fine on 3g...most of the time.
-Check the widgets you have running and syncing. Weather, Facebook and other widgets that sync data all the time run down your battery. Limit the number of widgets you need and have then never sync (you initiate the sync) or have them sync once every 2 hours or something like that. The fewer widgets you have running the better off you are.
-Some people use the app SmartActions (I don't). There are a lot of threads here from users using SmartActions and how they have that app set up...check it out.
-Stay away from Task Killers...they usually eat more battery than they save and they can "screw" with with they proper operations of your phone.

It may take a day or two for your phone/battery to settle in. Recommend you let the phone drain down to about 20-30%...power off the phone and recharge to 100%. Make sure you use the provided wall charger and cable...not a replacement or one from a different phone. It does make a difference.

Hope these help

All good advice, just one clarification... When "training" the battery meter, you should FIRST charge to 100% with power off (to set the max charge flag), then you need to let the phone drain to 15% (low battery warning), rather than 20 or 30%. If you do not let it reach the level that signals low battery, the low level flag is not properly set, then charge once again to 100% with power off (which then confirms the full range of capacity to the metering system).

This three step process should be done once every 40 or so charges, or once every 1-2 months (RAZR), or every 2-3 months (RAZR MAXX).

:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
All good advice, just one clarification... When "training" the battery meter, you should FIRST charge to 100% with power off (to set the max charge flag), then you need to let the phone drain to 15% (low battery warning), rather than 20 or 30%. If you do not let it reach the level that signals low battery, the low level flag is not properly set, then charge once again to 100% with power off (which then confirms the full range of capacity to the metering system).

This three step process should be done once every 40 or so charges, or once every 1-2 months (RAZR), or every 2-3 months (RAZR MAXX).

Hey FoxKat.... can we make a battery life sticky perhaps??? Sort if a standard reading thing??? Just asking.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey FoxKat.... can we make a battery life sticky perhaps??? Sort if a standard reading thing??? Just asking.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

It's been suggested by Trash Can back in March that an entire forum should be devoted to battery care and issues, and he even started a poll, but the poll was met with little interest from the masses though the few who voted were enthusiastic. It would take a good bit of time for me to comb through all the messages I've posted, along with the equally helpful messages from some other "followers" of mine to compile a one-stop-shop for the subject, however I believe that it would certainly get referenced frequently. There's a thread related to the battery started almost daily here on one of the RAZR forums, and often more than one going at the same time.

But alas, I am just a lowly Moderator, not a Super Moderator or a higher-up so I don't make those decisions. Sorry about that Chief!

If you believe such a feature needs to be implemented, suggesting it to a Super Moderator or an Administrator may get more action.

Anyway, thank you for your support and for helping to carry the message to the masses! :hail:

cece5702

Reaction score
You are the best!!!! :)

cece5702

Reaction score
Hi FoxKat,
I know this question has been asked before so I apologize for asking again. Here goes.... I charge my phone every night because I like to wake up to my battery level at 100 % to start my day. Does it harm my battery if I leave it plugged in all night and pull it off the charger in the morning rather than waking up at night to pull it off the charger when it reaches 100%? A Rep at Verizon told me not to do that because it can ruin the battery by leaving it on the charger all night after it reaches 100%. What's your thought on this?