TXT msg not sent in status bar won't go AWAY.. HELP!!!

Python423

Reaction score
Ive not had my drod2 but a few months but yesterday someone sent me several pic msgs, and it asked if a return receipt was ok, I said yes to some of em, but the send back txt aparantly failed. And now it shows up in my status window, 3 txt msgs' unsent, I can clear the status bar, and they will show back up.. Aparantly its still trying to resend them.. And I can't find anywhere in my TXT msg box showing where its trying to send them or txt's failed to send??? HOW can I get this out of my status bar, and cancel this? It's driving me NUTS..

Djay

Reaction score
go to settings>Applications>Manage Apps>All Apps>Messages>Clear Cache/Data...See if that works for you

OP
Python423

Python423

Reaction score
go to settings>Applications>Manage Apps>All Apps>Messages>Clear Cache/Data...See if that works for you

will this erase all my txt msgs on my phone??

OP
Python423

Python423

Reaction score
i tried it, still didnt fix the problem.

Djay

Reaction score
try erasing the text messages that it is implying to. Do you see in your txt message box beside a conversation that has an error message

OP
Python423

Python423

Reaction score
that still didnt fix it.. I deleted the whole thread, but I didnt notice in that same thread, cuz the return # was a good one, I'm not sure what is going on...

Djay

Reaction score
well looks like you might need to hard reset it then. I cant think of anything else for that particular issue

OP
Python423

Python423

Reaction score
whats a hard reset? will it erase my contacts and current msgs? or apps I've downloaded? I've tried taking the battery out and rebooting..

Djay

Reaction score
yea it will erase everything but you should have Back-up Assistant/Google/and you can also import contacts to SD card. but your apps unless you have them saved on your sd card you will have to download again

OP
Python423

Python423

Reaction score
not ready to go that route yet, is there a way to lock certain threads? then also do a MASS erase of all txt msgs ?

Taegost

Reaction score
Uhmm, did you try clicking on the notification and clicking "Do not retry"? Or maybe it's delete? I don't remember... But there's a option to *not* try to re-send...

OP
Python423

Python423

Reaction score
Uhmm, did you try clicking on the notification and clicking "Do not retry"? Or maybe it's delete? I don't remember... But there's a option to *not* try to re-send...

Theres no msg to click? I cleaned out by entire inbox/etc.. I can clear it from the statuw window or when I click on 3 txt msgs not sent it takes me to the inbox but theres no msgs there.. weirdest thing.. dunno have a clue out to get rid of it... does Verizon or Motorla offere online technical support?

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
I have the same issue...only thing is I have 6 unsent...cleaned out the cache, deleted messages evrything I can think of

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk