Txt message In/Out Box??

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
I'm a new Motorola DROID user.

Is there any way to get the txt messages I send and recieve into seperate folders. When I open up the messaging app it only has one list that has both incoming and outgoing.

On my old phone it has two seperate sections within messaging. One for sent txts and one for recieved txts. Can I make this happen on the new Motorola DROID?

Thanks!

Last edited:

J. Dub

Reaction score
tha]-[acksaw;48872 said:
I'm a new Motorola DROID user.

Is there any way to get the txt messages I send and recieve into seperate folders. When I open up the messaging app it only has one list that has both incoming and outgoing.

On my old phone it has two seperate sections within messaging. One for sent txts and one for recieved txts. Can I make this happen on the new Motorola DROID?

Thanks!
Not yet.... But I'm thinkin either an app will come or perhaps when we have root access we'll be able to sort. For now, out of the box, no you can't.

OP
tha]-[acksaw

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
J Dub - Thanks so much for the response. And for being that quick about it. Really man. Thanks!!!

Thats a real bummer. I'm guessing its the same for the imcoming/outgoing phone call log? Know anything about that?

Seems like all the motorola phones at my work are set up like this and have been over the years through various models. I guess its just the way Motorola likes to do things. I'm moving from many years on LG phones so I guess its gonna take some getting used to.

Again man, thanks for the help!

J. Dub

Reaction score
tha]-[acksaw;48941 said:
J Dub - Thanks so much for the response. And for being that quick about it. Really man. Thanks!!!

Thats a real bummer. I'm guessing its the same for the imcoming/outgoing phone call log? Know anything about that?

Seems like all the motorola phones at my work are set up like this and have been over the years through various models. I guess its just the way Motorola likes to do things. I'm moving from many years on LG phones so I guess its gonna take some getting used to.

Again man, thanks for the help!
No prob. You're welcome. :icon_ banana: And you are correct on the phone logs as well. Just have to watch the arrow thingies to see which one was incoming / outgoing / missed. Kind of a pain if you ask me. I'd sometimes rather go straight to the calls I missed. But ah well se la vie (or however you spell it)
I keep waiting for an app to come out for both items you mentioned. So far I got nothing.
I feel that root access will allow us to really customize this puppy.

Drukan

Reaction score
i just wanted to make a quik comment on this subject...

this style of messaging is called THREADED SMS/MMS
its the NEW wave... i guess you could say. Almost all newer mobile devices are going with this approach as it has been the majority vote amongst mobile users to have this feature. (or at least those that are actually polled) There are many SMS/MMS apps out now that have different options.. but you may want to give this a second chance as its going to be around for awhile!