Two thoughts about Google Nav.

Guindalf

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious, but there are two issues I have with Nav.

1. Can't find a "Recent destinations" list so I can re-call addresses without having to speak or type them in.

2. Can't seem to find a way to display the road I'm taking without having a route set. IOW, I would like to have the Sat view of my location and path while I'm driving to, say, work.

Am I missing something or are these things that need to be added to the app?

volando

Reaction score
1. Can't find a "Recent destinations" list so I can re-call addresses without having to speak or type them in.
Maps -> Navigate -> Press "End point" field, both a keyboard and a "last visited" scrollable location list pop up

Now what I can't figure out is how to display the map navigation-style (isometric 3d-ish view with the map turning as i turn) when I'm not actually navigating to somewhere. That little blue dot is practically invisible and the top-down view isn't that great in regular maps...

mrvogt

Reaction score
For common destinations, set up a Directions shortcut. A single click on the icon will launch the nav app with it as a destination.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
2. Can't seem to find a way to display the road I'm taking without having a route set. IOW, I would like to have the Sat view of my location and path while I'm driving to, say, work.

when your on google maps, hit the menu icon theres an option that says "My Location"