Two Quick Questions About Safestrap & ICS4Bionic

nesquik

Reaction score
I currently have stock rooted 901 on my non-safe and kintetix 1.0 compatible 901 on my safe. I would like to have kinetix 1.0 on my non-safe and ICS4Bionic on my safe. I know its probably not the wisest idea to have 2 custom roms but I have no use for the stock rooted rooted ui.

1. As far as what I have read -- is it as simple as uninstalling and then reinstalling safestrap and re-enabling safe system while running the kinetix?

2. To make sure I have 1x radio on the ICS do I have to patch to 901 files? Do I do this before or after installing the ICS?

Thank you so much for the help

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I currently have stock rooted 901 on my non-safe and kintetix 1.0 compatible 901 on my safe. I would like to have kinetix 1.0 on my non-safe and ICS4Bionic on my safe. I know its probably not the wisest idea to have 2 custom roms but I have no use for the stock rooted rooted ui.

1. As far as what I have read -- is it as simple as uninstalling and then reinstalling safestrap and re-enabling safe system while running the kinetix?

2. To make sure I have 1x radio on the ICS do I have to patch to 901 files? Do I do this before or after installing the ICS?

Thank you so much for the help

If you want a rom as your main system you will need to uninstall safestrap and then install bionic bootstrap. Use bootstrap to boot into recovery, wipe data/cache, and install a known working rom file. Then when the rom is all loaded up on your main system and you are done flashing stuff, you can reinstall safestrap. This way you will have a custom rom on your safe and another on your non safe.

To get partial data working if you are on 901 and want to use ics, you will need to copy and paste files with root explorer. The files and instructions are on the forum here.

Warning: have a backup of your stock bloated system at all times.

Also if you go into a bootloop in bootstrap, your phone will be bricked until you sbf/fxz. There is no fail safe at boot menu like in safestrap. Use a rom file that you know works.

I have backups of my stock bloated system in both safestrap and bootstrap.

Rom files need to be placed on sdcard ext in order to install them in bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
N

nesquik

Reaction score
If you want a rom as your main system you will need to uninstall safestrap and then install bionic bootstrap. Use bootstrap to boot into recovery, wipe data/cache, and install a known working rom file. Then when the rom is all loaded up on your main system and you are done flashing stuff, you can reinstall safestrap. This way you will have a custom rom on your safe and another on your non safe.

To get partial data working if you are on 901 and want to use ics, you will need to copy and paste files with root explorer. The files and instructions are on the forum here.

Warning: have a backup of your stock bloated system at all times.

Also if you go into a bootloop in bootstrap, your phone will be bricked until you sbf/fxz. There is no fail safe at boot menu like in safestrap. Use a rom file that you know works.

I have backups of my stock bloated system in both safestrap and bootstrap.

Rom files need to be placed on sdcard ext in order to install them in bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thank you for your help. I have followed the instructions and I am now running both custom roms flawlessly!