TweetDeck Releases Android App

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

0,1468,i=276894,00.jpg

TweetDeck on Wednesday officially launched its Android app, an offering the company called a "completely reworked UI for managing your social media empire."
TweetDeck for Android is now available for free in Android Market.

"We've tried to innovate as much as possible to deliver a smooth, clean experience while offering more power than any other social mobile client," Toby Padilla, head of mobile at TweetDeck, wrote in a blog post.

The Android app will let users view and post to Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, and Google's Buzz. According to Padilla, Android TweetDeck 1.0 signifies a new beginning for the company. Looking to the future, he said things like landscape orientation, deeper Facebook integration, and better support for multiple accounts will likely be included.

"Updates from all services are viewable in blended Home and Me columns so you can easily keep up-to-date without a lot of jumping around," Padilla wrote.

After signing in, TweetDeck for Android will sync all your social-networking accounts automatically. Updates are displayed in a blended feed, identified by different colors. All the traditional features are there (reply, re-tweet, add photo, add location, etc.); a full run-down of additional services are outlined in the video below.

A beta version of the Twitter client was released in August. More than 36,000 testers and 11 releases later, bugs have been removed and feedback has been noted. On Tuesday, TweetDeck released details about the phones and OS versions its beta testers were using.

"We were really shocked to see the number of custom roms, crazy phones, and general level of customization/hackalicious nature of Android," Padilla wrote in a separate blog post. "From our perspective it's pretty cool to have our app work on such a wide variety of devices and Android OS variations."

The top three phones beta testers were using were the HTC Desire (5,030), the Motorola Droid (3,425), and the Nexus One (3,050). The vast majority - or 18,268 people - were also running Android 2.2 Froyo, followed by 11,768 people running Android 2.1, update 1.
Beta users must uninstall the test version from their phone before downloading Wednesday's release, TweetDeck said.

What's next? Padilla said that TweetDeck is currently developing the next iteration of its app for the iPad and iPhone, based on the Android edition.

[video=youtube;oDc9fDLlhq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDc9fDLlhq8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Authored By: Leslie Horn
Source

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, Jim. I've used TweetDeck on my Mac for quite sometime.