Turning off music autoplay

Tim B

Reaction score
Is there a way to stop the droid from automatically playing music each time the headphones are plugged in? I often use earbuds when i am going to make a series of calls. It gets very annoying when the phone automatically assumes that i want to listen to music just because i plugged in my earbuds. The droid music app doesnt even have a stop button just a pause. I have to go to menu/running services and stop the music app each time. Is there a way to turn autoplay off?

eliassami5

Reaction score
must be just your Droid cuz ive never seen one do that before. Are you rooted and running a custom ROM? Go to your sound settings and see if there is an option to turn auto play off. Pausing the media player is essentially stopping it, so no need to go to running services and kill it.

HamDog

Reaction score
Mine does the same. The music automatically starts playing when I plug stereo headphones into it. Also, I have bluetooth in my car stereo and it automatically starts playing music as soon as I turn the car ignition on (through the car stereo).

But personally, I like that feature. I really like the music automatically starting up in the car without having to even touch my phone. And I can change tracks using my car stereo.

I'm not rooted. Running 2.2 on my Droid 1.

Edit....The music automatically stops when i make a call. So to the OP, just start your call and the music should stop. But it will resume after you hang up.

HamDog

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. It's not a 100% solution, but a work around. Here is what worked for me:

I installed Mortplayer Music from the marketplace (it's free). Great folders based music player too. Then go to settings, and choose "Preferences". Go under "headsets" and check the box "Use as default player" and then UNcheck the box "Continue on plug".

I just tested this and the music player does not automatically start when you plug in headsets.